How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

How long will my dog be in heat?

wilmary from High Point, NC

How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

Average is 21 days. Range is 2-4 weeks. That's what I have observed with my females. You can get diapers at Petsmart for bleeding if needed. (01/08/2008)

By Mona in Hatchechubbee, Al

How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

Dogs are in heat about 3 weeks (21 days). They have usually been about a week before you notice anything. If you plan to have her spayed wait until after the heat (even if she accidentally gets bred) because it's a much easier surgery for the dog if she's not in heat. Recovery is very short, usually for a couple of days they might act a little down. You should keep them from too much activity for a couple of weeks or at least until after the stitches come out. However, your vet is the best one to ask about all this. (07/13/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

I don't know what all the confusion is about a female dog being in heat. Yes they bleed, yes it is messy and yes it lasts for at least 21 days, once every six months. If you do not want to put up with this then have your female dog spayed. You can have it done at most any age. Talk to your vet about it. If you have a Boxer dog in heat with a cropped tail, you can use baby diapers that are meant for human babies. They work great for this breed of dog. For example my Boxer girl Summer is 10 months old and she is wearing a 36 lb and up size 6 LUVS diaper. The same diaper will last the whole day. Yes you will have to take it off when she goes out to go pee and put it back on when she comes in the house again. I use a denim dog garment over top of the diaper too. She does not mind wearing it. I got her use to it long before she came in heat.

Good luck. (05/12/2009)

By Belle n SummersMom

RE: How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?
An orange cat in heat.
How Often Can a Cat be in Heat?
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Above Ground  Swimming Pool
Saving Energy on Swimming Pools