How Much Garlic Should I Use To Prevent Fleas?

How much garlic is safe? I divided three gloves between my five Boston Terriers last night, they loved it. I want to use it to help keep fleas off of them. I don't know how much, or how often to give it to them.

Susan from Waycross, Ga

Answers:

Last week my vet told me garlic and onions can be toxic to dogs and can cause kidney failure. (08/05/2008)

When we wintered in Fl the vet told us to use a tiny sprinkle of garlic powder in their water. (08/05/2008)

By Graycrab

Please be careful giving your dogs garlic. It can build up a toxin in their bodies that can be deadly. Check with your vet as to how much is too much. He or she may tell you to stop using it altogether. Beware also of onions, chocolate, grapes, raisins and macadamia nuts. (08/05/2008)

By Vicki

I give my long haired dachshund a small piece cut from one clove of garlic once a week. He loves it and it keeps the fleas away. (08/05/2008)

By bluealt

I have a better solution. I had a problem with fleas for my cats and the websites all said that brewers yeast in their food and a bit of vinegar in their water is the best solution. But yes, chopped garlic mixed up in the food helps too. (08/05/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Hi Everyone,

I just spoke with my vet's office and he said 1/2 clove of garlic once a week is fine for a 24 pound dog to help with repelling fleas. (08/06/2008)

By SusanLee

After doing some research myself on giving my dogs garlic for fleas, the info I have found says that garlic can be toxic to dogs. In many cases it can be fatal to dogs as well. (08/06/2008)

By sasyblueyes

Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Garlic Bulbs
Preserving Garlic
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄