How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

What really works to clean cooked on grease off pans? It seems like I have tried everything, cream of tartar/vinegar, baking soda/vinegar, baking soda/water, Dawn and Ajax. Right now my house smells of vinegar so bad my chest burns from breathing it. Please help.

Kacie from Magnolia, TX

Answers:

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

Used coffee grounds mixed with water and left on overnight usually loosen the worst grease, baked on food, and burnt food. (03/21/2009)

By yarnlady

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

I read on here to use Mr. Clean eraser and yes I know it says not to use on stainless steel, but I had burnt food and tried everything. I did try the eraser and it worked like a charm. Use it as a last resort. I figured if it didn't work I would have to throw it away. But it did work. (03/23/2009)

By castleberrycc

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

Biological washing powder, the pure sort and hot water. Soak over night and Bob's your uncle.

popet UK (03/24/2009)

By popet

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

This works everytime. I fill the bottom of the pan with about one to two inches of water and Dawn dish liquid. I then bake it for about 15 minutes at 350*. I take it out let it sit for about 5 minutes and then wipe off anything that is burnt on. (03/24/2009)

By bina2j

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

For starters, as another poster said, "never" use Pam. It leaves a build up. I suspect this is what is actually on your pans, not grease.

However, if you have burnt on residue, Bon Ami is a wonderful product (similar to Barkeeper's Friend which is what I used to use until my cleaning lady recommended Bon Ami). This will not scratch. I use it on my stainless steel appliances for cleaning instead of the stuff recommended.

Good luck. (03/24/2009)

By tnsink

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

The navy uses coke to clean ovens. I'd try that rather than elbow grease and powders.
I'd leave it on the grease overnight, rinse and/or repeat the next day. (03/24/2009)

By lyndagayle62

Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
A photo of delicious bacon.
Draining Grease Off Meat
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄