How to Make Draft Stoppers

I would like to know if anyone knows how to make a draft stopper that you can lay at the bottom of a drafty door. I have seen them out in some little craft shops, but I'm not sure what they are filled with. Thanks in advance.

Barb from Mountaindale, NY

Answers:

How to Make Draft Stoppers

I use a towel, I do a "ogroll" with the towel and secure it with rubber bands or tie ribbon along the roll. So if it gets dirty, just unroll and put in the washer. Easy to make without sewing.(12/23/2008)

By dixie35481

How to Make Draft Stoppers

For interior doors such as the mud room to the house use a 1 and 1/2 inch insulation tube. you can get the insulation tube from the hardware store. Measure the door. Cut the tube. Slide the tube under the door. You now have a twin draft stopper! (01/01/2009)

By Elizabeth

How to Make Draft Stoppers

I made mine with scrap fake fur and filled it with cat litter. (01/05/2009)

By Lily May

How to Make Draft Stoppers

Cat litter, rice, beans, foam. I think I'd use the cat litter since it'd be cheaper than the rice or beans. I got the foam Idea from one I saw on TV where there were two tubes of fabric connected by a section of fabric.. the into the tubes were inserted foam dowels (for lack of a better term) this could all be trimmed to fit. Then you slip it under the door, one tube on either side and shut the door. It's nice.
(01/05/2009)

By Shosha

How to Make Draft Stoppers

You can also fill with sand. (01/06/2009)

By mulberry204

Door Draft Stopper
Making a Door Draft Stopper
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
pen to paper titles "Last Will...."
Writing a Will Without a Lawyer
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
🎉
🎄