Use a Pool Noodle and Socks to Make a Draft Stopper

This is a guide about using a pool noodle and socks to make a draft stopper. Make one of these quick and easy draft stopper to a fix drafty door in your home.

This is cute and cozy way to stop those cold drafts from coming in under your door. A pool noodle is covered with cute Christmas socks, then filled with gravel and corked at the ends.

Total Time: 45 minutes or less

Yield: 1

• one pool noodle
  • two pairs or more of Dollar Store socks
  • gravel
  • two wine corks (used from Barefoot Wine)
  • thread (optional)
  • measuring tape

1. Start with measuring your door to see if you need to cut off some of the noodle to fit the doorway. Also you will need to measure how many pairs of socks you need.
  2. Cork one side of pool noodle (I used a pool noodle from The Dollar Tree store). My cork fits nice and snug.
  3. Then fill the hole of the noodle with clean gravel leaving room for a cork at the top.
  4. Ad

5. Take the socks and cut off the ends of the foot sides just to open the ends and slide them onto the noodle and place in the middle of the noodle. You may need more than one pair depending on the size of your door.
  6. Then take another pair of socks to place over the two ends of noodle. Sewing the socks together is optional. I leave mine loose so I can switch out the socks if I want to or to wash and place back on.
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes