Home and Garden

Icicles (Hillsboro, OR)

Vote for this contest contender!

Photo Description
These are in my backyard. We have had unusually cold weather this winter. Having lived most of my life in the temperate Pacific NW, I have had very few opportunities to enjoy the beauty of icicles. I was so sorry when the temperatures rose and they all melted.

Photo Location
Hillsboro, OR

These are very pretty.

I had one in Battleground, WA that was 6' long and went almost to the ground. Sadly it was a hazard to us so we had to take it down. Winter can be hard on some of us but it's a season of quiet and calm if you let it be. It has undeniable beauty.

I lived in Alaska 5 times and never got tired of a new snowfall even when it's up half way to the roof!! The shot I am including is of Laird Hot Springs in the Yukon Territory from April, 2000.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Very neat! Especially to a Floridian! We have had a very mild winter - but then - is it over? I have seen icicles but none like yours and I know they must be even more beautiful than your nice photos.

Thanks, Betty

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow, beautiful! I have never seen snow, let alone icicles before :)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes