Icicle Photos

Category Scenery
While we may not always be thrilled by an ice storm or heavy snowfall, icicles are the upside to such weather events. Trees, clotheslines, and roof eaves are the perfect beginning palette for these natural glistening pieces of artwork. This page offers several icicle photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I took this photo during our first winter storm this year, the week of Thanksgiving. It's a close up taken from across the apartment complex courtyard. The snowy branches are of a now leafless red leaf desert cherry tree, and the icicles are hanging from a top floor neighbor's roof overhang. Thankfully, the icicles are gone for now ;-)

By Ann

snowy icicles

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 27

Dripping icicles are a sure sign that warmer days are ahead. Lucky to have caught twin drips at the same time.

By Kim

Twin water drops from a melting icicle.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

A huge ice storm moved through and coated everything in its path. This is my umbrella type clothes line. I love the way the ice sparkles like diamonds in the sunshine!

By Beverly

Icicles on a clothesline.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 40

Photo Description
These are in my backyard. We have had unusually cold weather this winter. Having lived most of my life in the temperate Pacific NW, I have had very few opportunities to enjoy the beauty of icicles. I was so sorry when the temperatures rose and they all melted.

Photo Location
Hillsboro, OR

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

A blue and icy cold day in St. Placid, Quebec. This picture was taken with my Nikon digital Coolpix camera.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

I went out to get in the car, and this ice sickle was hanging from the end of my house.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Weather conditions were just right in February for this rascal to form. Almost six feet long!

I was reminded of it when I saw the icicle picture in ThriftyFun today.

By Chuck from Canton, OH

Answers:

Scenery: 6 Foot Long Icicle

Aw, geez, why didn't I think to take a photo of the mammoth icicle we got earlier this year? Your photo is terrific! (03/11/2010)

By Melanie Jackson

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Icicles in perfect formations. I took this photo at White Oak Sinks in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park in March of this year. This trail is off the beaten path from Schoolhouse Gap Trail. These icicles are on a rock face above the Falls that lead into a cave.

By lovingnature

Answers:

Scenery: Icicles

This makes me think of the stalactites in Cheddar caves.
Beautiful.

Marg from England. (06/05/2010)

By Marg

Scenery: Icicles

So Beautiful! I would love to visit such a place just to to absorb as much of the peace as I could.

Thank you for sharing it.

(06/06/2010)

By Roseanne

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This was a huge 3 ft icicle that was found outside the bathroom window at the time of the Big Freeze here earlier in January!

By Monique from Somerset, U.K.

Answers:

Scenery: Icicles

Just love your picture. It would make a good 500 piece jigsaw puzzle. (03/02/2010)

By Gail Ledwith

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

What big icicles you have! This one was so big it wouldn't fit in my freezer. My granddaughter had fun showing it off.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Icicle was on our gatepost in Fleet, UK during the "big freeze" this January

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes