Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer

Category Other
There are a couple of different ways to transfer digital photos to your computer. The first couple of times you do it, it may seem hard, but it's actually quite easy to transfer you digital photos to your computer. This is a guide about transferring digital photos to your computer.

Does anyone have suggestion(s) to help troubleshoot why all of a sudden my Canon PowerShot S2 IS digital camera has stopped having download capability to my computer? Is it the camera and/or some sort of computer glitch that needs to be reprogrammed?

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Answers

You might have some information missing in your PC and it might not be recognizing your camera. Go into your control panel and delete the program for your Canon PowerShot S2 IS digital camera, and try reinstalling it again. I bet it will work this time.

I found that I was trying to import to the "usb" port rather than the "g" that the card reader was on.

I have the very same camera, absolutely no problems with downloads. What program are you using to download it? Have you checked with the Canon techs? It is a free call, they are awesome. I was having a problem with the screen turning pinkish grey and sometimes it would take a picture and others not. I was told there was a recall on the DDC and it would be replaced for free, being doubtful,since I had owned this camera for at least five years, I mailed it off to the Canon Repair Service in Quebec and low & behold ten days later it came back...just a new as the day I purchased it, at no charge to me! Just having someone to speak with was huge relief, plus told me if I had any further concerns, not to hesitate to contact them again. I believe it is a 24 hour service.

Anonymous

Thank you so much, Elayne! It didn't even dawn on me to call Canon itself so I very much appreciate you letting me know they'll help and at no charge. It's too late in the day to call Canon tech support now but will do so tomorrow! Oh, the program has always been theirs that pops up automatically when you plug the USB cord into the computer tower. That's what has stopped popping up and no matter what other program I try it just won't download now. Don't you just love this particular camera model? It's awesome! I've had mine for about five years too. Got it in the early Fall of 2006.

MCW, I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the original disk and it didn't work. However, come to think of it, I didn't do a search to make sure all of the components were completely gone before reinstall so maybe that's part of the problem? We'll see what tech suggests and I'll let you guys know the outcome.

Thanks so much for your help! :-)

I have the same problem and it is the drive on my computer. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Luckily I can import them thru my printer.

I had the same problem with my powershot. I basically had to reinstall the drivers. Do a web search at Cannon for you camera. that is what I had to do I don't know why it happened but that is what fixed my problem.

Hope this helps.

I tried to download the images in my Nikon digital camera to my computer today. The images do not display in the camera's folder as they usually do. The computer screen popped out a message saying the the file was corrupted. How did that happen and what should I do? The picture are artwork images, very important for my work.

By ZiZi from Newton, MA

Answers

If you still have the images in your camera try exporting them on a different PC. It may be that when you tried to export them on your normal PC the files were written on a corrrupt area of your hard drive. It is very unusual but it could happen. If the files transfer on another computer and you get the same message your camera is the culprit. If not then it is your PC. If it turns out to be your camera the only thing I can think of would be your memory chip is bad and you will need to get another one. Unfortunately that would mean your pictures are lost.