Ideas for Baby's 1st Birthday Party

I would like some tips for a birthday party for a 1 year old baby girl.

By Pam

Ideas for Baby's 1st Birthday Party

When my granddaughter Kelsey turned 1 year old, it was pretty much a straight forward party. Cake, ice cream, and punch. Too much more than that is overwhelming for the little ones, especially if nap time falls during the party time.

She had a couple of games, but since the ages of the kids were so varied, it got kinda crazy with the little ones becoming frustrated. Be careful in selecting games, if you even have any.

My daughter asked me to decorate Kelsey's high chair. It was quick, easy, and inexpensive, but looked absolutely darling. What I did was to buy 5 yards of white tulle', and 3' of pink floral ribbon. I did a quick running stitch at the top fold of the tulle' fabric. Then, I gathered it up, so it would fit from side to side, on the high chair tray, and tied it off.

I used a hot glue gun to attach it to the high chair tray. Once it was securely on, I glued on the pink ribbon trim. The "skirt" was longer than the height of the high chair tray to the floor. We put the chair on the kitchen table, and used a pair of regular scissors to trim the length.

It was awesome. My daughter had so many compliments on how cute and "girly" it was. It was easy to remove and store away. The hot glue just pulled right off the tray.

Ideas for Baby's 1st Birthday Party

First call around at any of your grocery stores and see if they still give a free cake on the child's first birthday (make sure you have the birth certificate handy in case they want to see). When my daughter was little she liked Elmo, so a lot of stuff was Elmo stuff. I made a lot of food and a friend made a smash cake for the baby. Trust me she got it all over her and she loved it. I was just looking at the pictures just this week. It was a great party and every body had a great time. (04/02/2009)

By dietvanilla

Ideas for Baby's 1st Birthday Party
baby at photo shoot
Making a 1st Birthday Hat and Diaper Cover
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
letters as photo prop
1st Birthday Photo Prop
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 1:04:32 AM on in 941 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.