Making an Indoor Sandbox

During the winter and on rainy days your child will enjoy playing in this indoor sandbox. This is a guide about making an indoor sandbox.

January 10, 2017 Flag

The weather is rainy and cold here. My son was starting to miss the outdoor activities that he loves, like playing in the sandbox. So I decided to bring the sandbox to him!

• shallow plastic tub with lid
  • play sand
  • toy cars and construction equipment
  • rocks, optional
  • PVC pipe pieces and joints, optional

1. Choose a tub that is long and shallow, that has a snap on lid. Note: If you have a cat at home, be aware that they may try to use it as a cat box if you don't keep the lid on when not in use.
  2. Pour the sand into the box, to the desired depth.
  3. Ad
  4. Grab those trucks and machines, then dig in and enjoy!
  5. Related Content(article continues below)
  6. You can add rocks (boulders), PVC pipe pieces and joints (tunnels and bridges), or even sticks (logs).
  7. Have a small basket for storing the vehicles and a whisk broom/dust pan nearby! You can also put the sandbox on a towel to help control the mess.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is an excellent idea. I used a similar set-up years ago because one of my sons would play all day with his small cars and trucks.

I just remember that I had to keep the area clean (sweep-up) because sand can sometimes cause a "slippery" reaction if left on bare floors (with playing children - and even adults).

Crafts Crafts For KidsJanuary 27, 2017
A cat sitting outside in the woods.
Changing an Outdoor Cat into an Indoor Cat
Indoor Cats Fighting
Keeping Indoor Cats from Fighting
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Plants with grow lights.
Making an Indoor Greenhouse
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 7:30:38 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.