Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Inexpensive Centerpiece Ideas

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
floral centerpiece

No matter what event you are planning, it always helps to save money on decorations. This guide is about inexpensive centerpiece ideas.

Solutions: Inexpensive Centerpiece Ideas

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Craft: Present Centerpiece

Wrapped package centerpiece.For my high school reunion, I made a centerpiece using a few stacked "presents" wrapped in graduation-themed paper and ribbon in our school colors. My presents were empty, but you could put anything you want in them, especially if the party is for an individual. I used scrapbook paper for the smaller ones and bought graduation paper from a discount party store. This could easily be adapted for any other theme or color scheme. One roll of wrapping paper could cover several presents and can be bought on sale. I could have made centerpieces for 8 tables for about $12.00 total!

Hint: If you need things to wrap, try phone books. Recycle!

By shelf2812 from Dallas, TX

Tip: Chinese Take Out Container Centerpieces

An inexpensive and cute centerpiece that I did for a birthday party was using the 32oz chinese take out containers! Since they are white, you can decorate it to your decor. I cut and taped clear party bags to one side and used stickers on the other side and filled it with candy (or cookies, or your idea.)

The handle is great to tie balloons on, and the guest can easily carry it out when they leave. I purchase them on E-Bay for about $10.00 for 24. You can use the leftover boxes to pack extra desserts in. I am a firm believer in giving things away to guests who took time to be there. It makes them happy and I don't have to carry it home.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Inexpensive Centerpiece Ideas.

Question: Table Decorations for Ladies Golf Awards Ceremony

I have been asked to decorate a very large dining room. It is our annual final ladies golf awards evening. The captain has requested a very glittery gold evening. The table cloths will be white, with white napkins. Does anyone have any ideas on table decorations that are glittery gold? Thank you.

By Linda A

Most Recent Answer

By Lakshmi B.09/11/2013

Buy plastic/porcelain horse figurines/toys and spray paint them in gold. Will look extremely elegant yet cheap.

Question: Inexpensive Centerpieces

I have just been called upon to make centerpieces for a up and coming church banquet. I need to make fifteen centerpieces and they have to all be under five dollars each! We are going with a fall motif.

I have looked all over the internet craft sites and my magazines at home for ideas. The problem is that nothing is cheap enough.

I was hoping my thrifty friends could help me come up with some inexpensive ideas. Have a great day!

Kim

Best Answers

By Marjorie04/11/2007

Every fall we host a harvest party for our church. I get containers of any kind at dollar store. Fill them with fall artificial fall leaves and flowers. If your event isn't until fall, you can get very small real pumpkins and cut top off and fill with artificial fall flowers. I also have used those wicker type paper plate holders, and hot glue flowers from Walmart all over them. Hope you have fun.
Margeth

Best Answers

By admin211/30/2000

Use Mother Nature's bounty! Hollowed out mini pumpkins, gourds, zucchini, apples etc., can become containers for flowers or candles. Be sure to take a thin slice off the bottom to help the veggie/fruit sit up straight. If you don't have a garden, ask around, I bet someone has extra they can share. You could also use leaves and other outdoor treasures. As for flowers, the cheapest would probably be daisies or chrysanthemums. Candles are very reasonable at the dollar store. Stores might even donate goods since it is a church affair, especially if you create a nice sign that tells who donated the goods. A thank you note afterward helps to pave the way to future donations! Good luck, and most of all have fun with the decorating!

Candice

Best Answers

By admin211/30/2000

Try using gourds, mini-pumpkins and Indian corn. Hopefully one of your members has some from their garden to donate, otherwise they are relatively inexpensive. Lay a few fall leaves on the table and arrange a few gourds and pumpkins and corn on top. Or take a small pumpkin and hollow out the center; then put a small piece of water-soaked oasis in the hollowed-out part; then, using leaves and greenery from your yard and a few fall colored mums (also hopefully from someone's yard) make a small floral centerpiece in the pumpkin. Perhaps you even have some other nuts, berries or dried materials in your yard. Have fun and be creative!

Sue from Wisconsin

Best Answers

By admin211/30/2000

We just had to make centerpieces for an upcoming convention at our church and we needed them to be inexpensive as well. We bought ivy bowls from the craft department at Wal Mart (77 cents a piece). Cut sheets of colored tissue paper (to match our theme) and laid it on the bottom of the bowls. We went to a local craft store and found small bunches of flowers for $1.47 each. These went in the bowls and we had inexpensive but pretty table decorations and all the parts are reusable for future events!

Connie