Inexpensive Centerpiece Ideas

No matter what event you are planning, it always helps to save money on decorations. This guide is about inexpensive centerpiece ideas.

January 1, 2016 Flag

I pull out all the rarely used fancy glassware I have to fill with yummy snacks and chips for my holiday parties. I think it adds a festive look to the table and is an inexpensive centerpiece. Don't you think so?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 30, 2010 Flag

For my high school reunion, I made a centerpiece using a few stacked "presents" wrapped in graduation-themed paper and ribbon in our school colors. My presents were empty, but you could put anything you want in them, especially if the party is for an individual. I used scrapbook paper for the smaller ones and bought graduation paper from a discount party store. This could easily be adapted for any other theme or color scheme. One roll of wrapping paper could cover several presents and can be bought on sale. I could have made centerpieces for 8 tables for about $12.00 total!

Hint: If you need things to wrap, try phone books. Recycle!

By shelf2812 from Dallas, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 30, 2005 Flag

An inexpensive and cute centerpiece that I did for a birthday party was using the 32oz chinese take out containers! Since they are white, you can decorate it to your decor. I cut and taped clear party bags to one side and used stickers on the other side and filled it with candy (or cookies, or your idea.)

The handle is great to tie balloons on, and the guest can easily carry it out when they leave. I purchase them on E-Bay for about $10.00 for 24. You can use the leftover boxes to pack extra desserts in. I am a firm believer in giving things away to guests who took time to be there. It makes them happy and I don't have to carry it home.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

September 22, 2000 Flag

I have just been called upon to make centerpieces for a up and coming church banquet. I need to make fifteen centerpieces and they have to all be under five dollars each! We are going with a fall motif.

I have looked all over the internet craft sites and my magazines at home for ideas. The problem is that nothing is cheap enough.

I was hoping my thrifty friends could help me come up with some inexpensive ideas. Have a great day!

Kim

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Ears of dried yellow or "Indian" corn can be mounted on small squares of thin wood (cut from paneling scraps, plywood, etc.). The ears can be mounted with a drywall screw through the bottom of the board and the large end of the ear. Then add straw hats, or other decorative hats to the thin end of the ear of corn. Mount craft eyes and a piece of pipe cleaner shaped like a mouth to make the face. Then tie fall fabric about two-thirds down on the ear to make clothing. The material should be wide enough to cover the wood base. Additional fall leaves, silk flowers, etc. can also be glued to the center piece. I usually place small gourds, nuts, silk leaves, etc. around each of the centerpieces.

Deanne

Best Answer

We just had to make centerpieces for an upcoming convention at our church and we needed them to be inexpensive as well. We bought ivy bowls from the craft department at Wal Mart (77 cents a piece). Cut sheets of colored tissue paper (to match our theme) and laid it on the bottom of the bowls. We went to a local craft store and found small bunches of flowers for $1.47 each. These went in the bowls and we had inexpensive but pretty table decorations and all the parts are reusable for future events!

Connie

Best Answer

Try using gourds, mini-pumpkins and Indian corn. Hopefully one of your members has some from their garden to donate, otherwise they are relatively inexpensive. Lay a few fall leaves on the table and arrange a few gourds and pumpkins and corn on top. Or take a small pumpkin and hollow out the center; then put a small piece of water-soaked oasis in the hollowed-out part; then, using leaves and greenery from your yard and a few fall colored mums (also hopefully from someone's yard) make a small floral centerpiece in the pumpkin. Perhaps you even have some other nuts, berries or dried materials in your yard. Have fun and be creative!

Sue from Wisconsin

Best Answer

Use Mother Nature's bounty! Hollowed out mini pumpkins, gourds, zucchini, apples etc., can become containers for flowers or candles. Be sure to take a thin slice off the bottom to help the veggie/fruit sit up straight. If you don't have a garden, ask around, I bet someone has extra they can share. You could also use leaves and other outdoor treasures. As for flowers, the cheapest would probably be daisies or chrysanthemums. Candles are very reasonable at the dollar store. Stores might even donate goods since it is a church affair, especially if you create a nice sign that tells who donated the goods. A thank you note afterward helps to pave the way to future donations! Good luck, and most of all have fun with the decorating!

Candice

Best Answer

Every fall we host a harvest party for our church. I get containers of any kind at dollar store. Fill them with fall artificial fall leaves and flowers. If your event isn't until fall, you can get very small real pumpkins and cut top off and fill with artificial fall flowers. I also have used those wicker type paper plate holders, and hot glue flowers from Walmart all over them. Hope you have fun.

Margeth

Need some ideas for a dinner and singing at our church this Saturday night. Needs to be inexpensive, for about 30 tables. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

For my son's wedding reception in late October we used dead tree branches, ones with lots of "character", secured them in a weighted clay pot and hung 5 or 6 clear votive holders with tea lights from them. The pots were finished off with mossy covering and the trunk of the branches were wrapped with the ribbon in the same brown as was being used in the wedding. The centerpieces were high enough to not be obstructive during dinner and got rave reviews from all the guests. We made 12 and they cost less than $100 for all of them. Here's a not-so-good picture of one. If you have questions you can contact me at beckeye59 at gmail dot com

Use ivy bowls, Filler material, rice, corn, beans, epson salts and then place a tealight in the bowls for an added touch tie a ribbon around the rim

August 31, 2013 Flag

I have been asked to decorate a very large dining room. It is our annual final ladies golf awards evening. The captain has requested a very glittery gold evening. The table cloths will be white, with white napkins. Does anyone have any ideas on table decorations that are glittery gold? Thank you.

By Linda A

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could find some used golf balls and paint them with glitter paint, available in your local paint/craft store. The spray on kind would be messy and is expensive. You can always paint them with regular gold fleck paint and then sprinkle glitter on when they are still wet.

To keep them from rolling, glue a large button on the bottom and you can set them anywhere. They can be stored and used again when you have another event. I hope that gets the "ball" rolling!

Buy plastic/porcelain horse figurines/toys and spray paint them in gold. Will look extremely elegant yet cheap.

Holidays and Parties Parties DecorationsMarch 3, 2013
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Table Centerpiece
Table Centerpiece Ideas
Valentine's Day Centerpiece
Valentine's Day Centerpiece Ideas
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:23:28 PM on 10.0.2.254 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.