Centerpiece Ideas Using Candles

Category Decorations
Candles are a beautiful addition to a centerpiece, as long as you are careful when using flammable materials and the hot wax. This is about centerpiece ideas using candles.

Looking to make my own centerpieces for a September wedding. I am thinking something with candles. Any suggestions? Oh, I need 40 of them! Anyfeed back will be helpful.

Gina

Answers

By Felicia (Guest Post)

I made the most beautiful centerpieces for my May 2002, wedding. What I did was bought small mirrors, bought small vases that I attached using a glue gun) to the mirrors. Bought some decorative ceramic flowers that I attached around the vase on the mirror. filled the vase with blue marbles and a floating flower shaped candle. Filled with water and voila!! I calculated that for the 15 I made @$8.00 each centerpiece. And they looked expensive :) Oh, I also wrote on the bottom of the mirror a message thanking guests for the special memories (as I gave these out as gifts after the wedding)

Congratulations on your Big Day!!

I recently went to a wedding where the bride and groom scattered blue and clear glass votives with candles everywhere! There was one at each place setting, a few scattered on a mirror in the middle of the table with some loose flowers scattered around as well. They were also on the buffet table, the bar, the gift table, and even in the bathrooms. She said she got them bulk via mail order...and she let everyone take them home. It was simple but very pretty and the glow of the candles was gorgeous.

By Virginia (Guest Post)

For my wedding I took large glass bowls (found at the large craft supply stores) and filled them with Sea Shells and floating sea shell shaped candles. (I had a sea shell theme instead of a color theme.) For a little extra pizzazz I also put two white kissing fish in each bowl.

In total I think I spent $8 on each arrangement. Since then many people have come to me with other ideas, like colored artist sand in the bottom and glass beads.

By Linda. (Guest Post)

Depends on your colors. If you are using fall colors, a simple column candle on a mirror tile, surrounded by fall leaves, real or artificial would be great. Mirrors at home improvement stores are cheaper than craft stores.

By Rosemary (Guest Post)

A small candle on top of a small mirror with glass beads scattered around the mirror and onto the table, all can be found at a hobby center or at the dollar store and can be made for around 2.00 each if bought in large amounts. Happy wedding and GOD bless.

For my wedding I used "ivy" bowls with ivy around the base and a wide but short pillar candle in the ivy bowl. My colors were purple and fuschia and I was able to find the candles in those colors. I also bought wide ribbon (not cloth but the type use with floral arrangements) in the purple and fuschia.

On one table I would take one color of ribbon and run it down the entire lenght of the table and then place an ivy bowl with the opposite color candle on top of the ribbon. I got the ivy bowls for less than a dollar each a Micheals.

By Toni Krys (Guest Post)

For something even more economical if money is tight, I just bought some material and cut it in 12" squares with pinking shears, then bought a candle in a glass container in the $ store. It was simple but elegant and I asked for matching colored napkins for the tables. Mine was dark blue material with light blue candles and the napkins were also dark blue. It really looked nice.

By Kristean (Guest Post)

Wow, you have been given alot of great ideas here. I am a wedding planner and have some more ideas for you.

This idea is for an "elegant" look:
using a piece of tulle about 14" long and 12" wide, form a "nest" and place in the center of the table: in the center of the tulle, place a wine glass with a floral ring at the base. Insert a tea candle (the kind in the little silver cups). The beauty of this is that the tulle is about 80 cents a yard at Wally world, the floral rings can be made from $1.00 a bunch flowers at wally world, and the tea lights are $3.oo for 50 of them at the same place. Now the wine glasses are the place to set the table mood. From "shabby chic", to elegant , or formal. You will create the mood by the shape/style of glass you use.
By using a diffent shaped glass on each table you achieve the shabby chic look. By using champagne flutes you are "Formal", and by using a brandy snifter or regular wine glass you will achieve an elegant look. You can find lots of wine glasses at good will, yard sales, and flea markets. Or better yet borrow them!!! The tea lights keep them from getting wax on the inside.

Here is another idea.

Buy potted mums in the color of your wedding ( the smaller ones like you would get at a nursery ) and some taper candles. Wrap the bottom of the candle with a small square of aluminum foil, and insert it into the dirt of the plant in the middle. You should cover the bottom of the pots with something, like paper, fabric, or a terra cotta pot that you have decorated or painted. This is a really good one if you are using fall colors or theme.

Here is another one:
Using a ring of silk flowers, and a small white pillar candle ,
glue white heart shaped paper doilies (tip of heart attached to the candle)
to the candles bottom (use 3 or 4 to make them look nice), then make your
own printed picture (with the computer) with
you and your fiance's names and wedding date on it, cut it out and glued it in
the center of the heart doily (or you can use pearl topped straight pins and pin
them to the side of the candle), then after the reception, they can be gifts to
grandparents/aunts/uncles or other close loved ones.

If you have any other questions related to your wedding please feel free to email, I offer my advice free of charge!!

Congratulations, and best wishes.
Kristean Thompson

Transform a plain recycled jar into an elegant party light. The jar is covered with handmade tissue paper, a pretty lavender stamped image, paint, and more. The instructions and photos for creating one of your own are found on this page.

Sweet Lavender Jar Party Light - enhance the stamped image with paint

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsJune 3, 2018
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Centerpiece-Ideas-Using-Candles-1.html