How to Make a Sweet Lavender Jar Party Light
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
August 15, 2017
Upcycle an empty glass jar into a beautiful jar light for a garden party or wedding. Decorate the jar with a lavender flower, and tie a few strings of raffia around the jar's neck to finish it off.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one jar light
- empty clear glass jar (such as an empty Nutella jar)
- cream colored handmade tissue paper
- a few strings of raffia
- nine 6mm hologram flat round silver sequins
- battery operated tea light candle
- Modge Podge
- acrylic paint in the following colors: mauve; green pale and white
- felt-tip pens in the following colors: purple and green
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- foam stamp of a lavender flower
- standard scissors
- flat paintbrush
- 3/32" round paintbrush
- Cut strips from the handmade cream colored tissue paper. Paint Modge Podge to the back of the first strip of tissue paper. Turn the strip of paper over and put it in position on the glass jar. With the brush, spread Modge Podge to the front of the strip of paper, lightly applying pressure so that it will stick to the jar, and use your finger to gently rub out any air bubbles.
- Repeat step 1 with the other strips of paper, until the jar has been covered with the tissue paper. Also cover the base of the bottle, and make sure that you add tissue paper strips all the way up to the top lip of the bottle.
- Dry the jar with the hairdryer. Note: Use the COOL AIR option of your hair dryer.
- Color the stamp with the purple and green felt-pens. Place the stamp on the jar, press down on the stamp to transfer the image and carefully lift the stamp.
- Enhance the lavender flower with mauve and white paint, and the stem and leaves with green pale paint. Allow to dry thoroughly. Optional: You can use your thumb to lightly add paint smudges around the lavender flower to make it stand out more.
- Glue the sequins in random places around the flower.
- Tie a few strands of raffia around the neck of the jar and make a bow.
- Add the candle and voila!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.