Introducing a Pit Bull to Cats

I just rescued a female pit bull yesterday, she is about 2 years of age. I also have 2 cats, when she sees my cats she runs to them and whimpers at them. She doesn't growl, but she does bark. I need to know if she is trying to play or if she is trying to hurt or possibly kill my cats. How can I get them to be buddies without fighting?

Jordeana from Swansboro, NC

Introducing a Pit Bull to Cats

You had better be super careful and "always" keep a good eye on your innocent little cats because that dog may easily hurt them (thinking they are prey). I would be very wary. Why don't you call a dog trainer or dog psychologist (or even a vet) and just ask them this one question. Also, keep an eye on your cats and watch their reaction as this dog could easily freak the little sweeties out. (09/15/2008)

By Cyinda

Introducing a Pit Bull to Cats

The dog won't have to be angry or aggressive if the cats run. She'll probably chase and might catch. I personally don't think this is a good combination. If the dog had been raised with cats, maybe. (09/15/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

Introducing a Pit Bull to Cats

My suggestion to you is to watch Cesar Milan, The Dog Whisperer or go to his web site:

Ad He has some great tips on training dogs. (09/16/2008)

By Orlff

Introducing a Pit Bull to Cats
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Rescued Dog
Introducing a Rescued Dog to Resident Pets
Two cats being introduced to one another.
Tips for Introducing Cats
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy