Keeping Bees Away from a Hummingbird Feeder

I am looking for a solution to keep bees and yellow jackets away from my Humming Bird feeders. I had a Thrifty tip about a brown paper bag, but lost it. Please help. Thanks.

By Bevvie from Placerville, Ca

Answers:

I had the same problem as most of you, so my husband went to the local hardware store and got Sterling RESCUE yellow jacket trap for about $13.00. Boy does it ever work. In one day we caught a bunch of them. The Hummingbirds are now happy. (08/12/2009)

By Bevvie

Keeping bees away from your hummingbird feeder is actually a very easy fix and you don't need to use dangerous oils. True hummingbird feeders have holes in the flowers too small for the bees to get the nectar. I have one that was also for larger birds as well, but the feeding holes were large enough for the bees to crawl into so I had to cover the holes with sticky back covering and make my own smaller holes in the center of the covering so that the bees cannot fit into. I painted around the covering with yellow acrylic paint so it still looks like a flower. Works great and no more bees. Hummingbirds are all happy. (08/20/2009)

By RoxyCares

Anyone has an answer I would appreciate it. Yellow jackets are all over it.

Bee on Hummingbird Feeder
Keeping Bees Out of the Hummingbird Feeder
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
HummingbirdFeeder
Protecting a Hummingbird Feeder from Rain
Hummingbird perched on a feeder.
Keeping Ants Out of the Hummingbird Feeder
Hummingbird Feeder
Cleaning a Hummingbird Feeder
🎄
🍂