Keeping Cats from Using Garden as a Litterbox

How do I keep cats from using my garden as a litter box? Is there anything I can put in the dirt that won't harm the cats or my roses?

By Christina

I read once to plant some ounions in your flower beds so I tried that and guess what it worked. Not many just one or two in each bed. :)

I have heard of sprinkling cinnamon or cayenne pepper around to deter cats from coming into the garden. There are some organic gardening websites that sell organic cat and pest deterrant. Best of luck!

Moth balls are supposed to keep them at bay. Never tried it though.

I inherited cats from a woman who left them behind so believe me when I tell you put either chicken wire fence where you don't want them or metal tomato cages where you don't want the. They don't like it and will stay away. I have tomato cages everywhere and they don't melt away in the rain or snow!

Cats don't like citrus. Put orange rinds around the flower bed to keep them at bay.

DA in TX

What works for me is to use bamboo skewers poked here and there and close enough together that a cat can;t easily do its' business without getting poked. I get them at the dollar store so it is a very cheap alternative that takes nothing away from my veggies.

A cat sitting in a garden bed.
Keeping Cats Out of the Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJune 12, 2011
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
Yellow Lab puppy.
Litterbox Training a Puppy
🎄