Keeping Dogs from Jumping Fence

What is the best way to keep a dog from jumping a fence? My dogs are tough. They even have the underground fence and still jump the fence. I love my boys but get so frustrated. My neighbors lab is the same way (they are brothers). Brandy

Keeping Dogs from Jumping Fence

Hello Brandy,
I too, had 2 dogs who always jumped the fence. I was getting very frustrated until I found a small fence shocker at my local pet store. It's not as strong as the larger ones you see on cattle/horse fences, but it will give a jolt.

I checked with my vet prior to purchasing...and he said it was not harmful. It only took me a couple hours to run the wire at the top of the fence, and below where they had started to dig. It only took 2 shocks for them to stay away from the fence. After awhile, I could even unplug it and they stayed home. It was a good investment for me. Hope this helps!
Sharon (10/04/2005)

By Sharon

Keeping Dogs from Jumping Fence

The electric fence is the way to go - (10/04/2005)

By Tripleb

Keeping Dogs from Jumping Fence

Line the top of your fence with inexpensive, PVC pipe by running a cable or some heavy wire through it so the pipe rolls freely when touched. The dogs might be able to reach the top of the wooden or chain link fence but when they attempt to climb the pvc it will just roll and roll and roll. They will tire themselves out trying to get over the fence! I read this idea in a book about Siberian Huskies who are known for escaping. (02/03/2006)

By Anonymous

Keeping Dogs from Jumping Fence

What was the brand of fence shocker you used? (05/01/2007)

By gbunt

Dog Jumping
Keeping Dogs from Jumping Your Fence
Privacy Fence
Building a Privacy Fence
Paw prints painted on a fence.
Decorating Your Fence
Wireless Pet Fence
Using a Wireless Pet Fence
Building a Fence, Six Foot Tall Cedar Fence with Blue Sky in the Background
Building a Fence