Keeping Mice Out of a Dryer Vent

Mice can enter your home through very small holes. You don't want your dryer vent to become a thoroughfare for these pesky rodents. This is a guide about keeping mice out of a dryer vent.

wild mouse

I'm having trouble keeping mice out of my dryer vent. They sneak right in through the louvers.

Granny from El Paso, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a new Whirlpool Duet Steam dryer. It is only three months old and caught fire. The serviceman came today and discovered a mound of dog food stuffed around the heating element. The dog food and the mouse shorted the element causing it to over-heat and catch fire.

The serviceman said that the elements in top loaders are standing straight up where the front loaders are sideways letting pests make nests. If I hadn't been home my house would have been destroyed. The warranty won't fix my $1500 dryer for liability issues. Any suggestions?

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Pest Control MiceMay 31, 2013
Floor Air Vent
Removing Urine Odors From an Air Vent
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Dryer Vent Snowman
Making a Dryer Vent Snowman
Clothes Dryer
Cleaning a Dryer Vent
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 1:28:22 AM on 10.0.2.238 in 647 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.