Installing a Dryer Vent

Category Other
Installing a dryer vent may be necessary when you have purchased a new dryer. Installing a dryer vent is usually pretty easy and doesn't require more tools than a screwdriver.

I just had washer/gas dryer hookups installed in my condo. Now I have to get a dryer duct vented to the outside installed. Can the dryer duct go straight down which is the easiest and closest? It would vent into the carport. I live on the second floor of 3 floors. The 1st floor is the the open carport.

Answers

Best Answer

It would depend on how open the car port is and at what height the vent would be. If it were an electric dryer, it would be no problem. Since it is a gas dryer, it burns fuel which produces carbon monoxide, a deadly odorless gas. If I were you, I'd have your gas provider come and check it out to see if it is safe; they normally do this free of charge. Better to be safe than sorry.

Mine does