Keeping Records of Paid Bills

What bills should you keep (that have been paid) for good record keeping? How long do you keep them?

Stephanie

Answers:

Keeping Records of Paid Bills

I keep almost nothing like that. I can always get copies from the utility co. if I need them (but don't see why I would) or copies of or original canceled checks. (02/19/2005)

By

Keeping Records of Paid Bills

Anything older than one year I shred and recycle. (02/20/2005)

By Suzie

Keeping Records of Paid Bills

Always, always keep receipts for items you buy. Our house was raided once and everything we didn't have a receipt for, the police kept. The situation had nothing to do with us and my husband lost 40 years of tools he had bought over time, there was nothing we could about it.
(02/20/2005)

By jennydo

Keeping Records of Paid Bills

Ideally 6 years to prevent contract claims arising during statutory limitation period as in all English common-law countries.

(02/20/2005)

By Cicero

Keeping Records of Paid Bills

I have a folder of "Final Statement" receipts showing the zero balance. (03/02/2005)

By Bernadette

Keeping Records of Paid Bills
Uses for Old Records
Uses for Old Records
Folders labled Bills
Organizing Your Bills
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
🎉
🎄