Keeping Soda Pop Fresh

Keeping Soda Pop Fresh

Once you have opened that can or bottle keeping it carbonated can be a challenge. This guide is about keeping soda fresh.

Solutions: Keeping Soda Pop Fresh

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Storing Leftover Soda Pop

Always store 2 litre bottles of soda, once opened, on their sides in the fridge. As long as there is enough soda in the bottle to cover the cap, the soda will keep its fizz.

By Jo from Riverside, RI

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Squeeze Air Out Of Soda Bottles

Squeeze Air Out Of Soda BottlesThis is something I have done forever but always gets a question when someone sees the squeezed bottle in my refrigerator. We don't drink soda quickly in our house so I squeeze out the air from my soda bottles then seal them to reduce air inside and keep them from going flat!

It might be done by everyone, I don't know, but I thought it was a simple but good idea!

By AHA! from NE Pa

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Keeping Soda Pop Fresh

To keep canned soda after opening, place a small piece of plastic wrap on the can with an elastic band. It's just like a top.

By Paul

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Saving Leftover Soda Pop

Instead of throwing away half a can of soda or leaving it to become decarbonized, place a balled up piece of foil in the drinking hole sealing off the majority, if not all, of the can. Place it in the fridge. Two days later, your soda still has that satisfying "fizz". Thanks to Grandma.