Keeping Soda Pop Fresh

Once you have opened that can or bottle keeping it carbonated can be a challenge. This guide is about keeping soda fresh.

April 19, 2010 Flag

Always store 2 litre bottles of soda, once opened, on their sides in the fridge. As long as there is enough soda in the bottle to cover the cap, the soda will keep its fizz.

By Jo from Riverside, RI

I haven't tried your idea but squeezing the bottle a bit before putting the cap back on and standing upright works too :-)

July 26, 2012 Flag

This is something I have done forever but always gets a question when someone sees the squeezed bottle in my refrigerator. We don't drink soda quickly in our house so I squeeze out the air from my soda bottles then seal them to reduce air inside and keep them from going flat!

It might be done by everyone, I don't know, but I thought it was a simple but good idea!

By AHA! from NE Pa

April 22, 2004 Flag

To keep canned soda after opening, place a small piece of plastic wrap on the can with an elastic band. It's just like a top.

By Paul

April 19, 2010 Flag

Instead of throwing away half a can of soda or leaving it to become decarbonized, place a balled up piece of foil in the drinking hole sealing off the majority, if not all, of the can. Place it in the fridge. Two days later, your soda still has that satisfying "fizz". Thanks to Grandma.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJuly 27, 2012
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Rainbow Bracelet
Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile