Keeping Squirrels Out Of Fruit Trees

I have tried owls, snakes, moth balls and spray. None worked for more than a day. Tried the plastic cone around the trunk and they jumped to the top edge and crawled up anyway.

This year I put "tangle foot", a product that is very sticky and used to keep pigeons off areas. Worked great. As soon as they jumped to the cone edge and got the adhesive on the front feet, they dropped off the cone and did not come back. They were not hurt in any way, but did not like the adhesive.

By rn4005 from Omaha, NE

Top Comment

Thanks for your post. I tried it and it's working! Not a single squirrel since I applied it. Whooohooo! I'm spreading the word, for less than $15 and lots left over for next year too.

Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Black Walnut Tree
Keeping Squirrels Off Of Walnut Trees
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🎉
🎄