Keeping Your Bathroom Mirror From Fogging Up

I heard that cleaning a mirror with shaving cream will stop it from getting foggy when one showers. I have tried this, but it gets foggy and gross all the same. Anyone know any secrets to a foggy free mirror?

I am tired of having to wait for the mirror to defog in the bathroom before being able to apply my make-up. ;)

By I can't see clearly now... from Orange County, CA

Answers:

Maybe it's the shaving cream you used but that trick does work (maybe it is a special kind of creme and that is why it fogs and gets yucky?). Another option would be Rain X Anti-fog. (03/16/2010)

By Suntydt

This tip won't keep your mirror from fogging up in the first place, but using your hair dryer on it when it is already fogged up will defog it in just a few seconds. Hope this helps. (03/18/2010)

By tahlula

Use Rain X, the one with the fog stuff, it's for windshields but I've used it on shower doors after I clean them and they work great, you have to re-apply once in awhile. (03/19/2010)

By Lisa Kay

Windex for Bathrooms - Anti-Fog - works unless you are showering for half an hour at a time! (03/19/2010)

By louel53

Rise Shaving Cream works great on my bathroom mirrors to keep them from fogging. It works great for me. (03/21/2010)

By Kathryen

shell mirrors
Making a Seashell Mirror
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
bathroom mirror
Keeping Mirrors from Fogging Up
Note Written on Mirror
Using Your Bathroom Mirror for Reminders
🎉
🎄