Kenmore Model 110 Washer Not Spinning

I have a 6 or 7 year old Kenmore washing machine, 110 model. Some times when the spin cycle should start, it doesn't. If I help it, it will start spinning, but only about half speed. It always sounds like it is spinning, but isn't.

I have changed the coupling already. Any ideas?

bssampson

Answers:

Kenmore Model 110 Washer Not Spinning

I have at one time been involved in used appliance business it could be something is caught in your pump enough to prevent it from spinning out. I even had a t shirt in my pump once. Usually when washer will not spin the water out it is something in the pump. (09/12/2007)

By

Kenmore Model 110 Washer Not Spinning

You may have a blocked drain hose. Ours did this a while back and we had a big blob of lint caught in the hose. We were so close to getting a new machine. Good Luck! (09/12/2007)

By Tracy

Kenmore Model 110 Washer Not Spinning

My husband says it sounds like you need to check the belt. It could be slipping. Change it and see if that works. We had to change a belt on ours one time. (09/13/2007)

By Linda Smith

Kenmore Model 110 Washer Not Spinning

It could be the belt around the washer is stretched out, that is why if you help get it going it doesn't slip. (09/14/2007)

By Crystal

Kenmore Model 110 Washer Not Spinning

My sister-in-law had the same problem, she was told the transmission was bad. I disassembled the machine and found it was a part worth about $20.
If you take the drum off the transmission, there should be a plastic piece that looks like a collar. This acts as a cam to agitate and spin the drum. I don't know if it is the same as yours, but I purchased the repair kit from RepairClinic.com and it was part number 2744 (09/22/2007)

By johnnyg

Kenmore Model 110 Washer Not Spinning

johnnyg. You are the man. I have the same problem, washer works fine but will not spin or spins really slow. Empty, you can turn on the spin cycle and keep the tub from spinning with just a slight pressure from your finger tips on the inside of the tub. 2 hours of searching for an intelligent diagnosis and you are the first to nail it. All the rest are "tighten the belt or replace the lid switch". Thanks again. (10/03/2007)

By DoubleD

Kenmore Model 110 Washer Not Spinning

DoubleD. Glad I could help. The guy that told my sister-in-law the transmission was bad has been an "appliance repairman" for many years. Maybe I'm in the wrong business. (10/04/2007)

By johnnyg

Washer Not Spinning
Kenmore Washer Not Spinning
washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
🎉
🎄