Kenmore Washer Not Spinning Out All the Water

It is difficult to complete your laundry when the washer no longer spins out all of the water from your clothing. This is a guide about Kenmore washer not spinning out all the water.

My Kenmore 70 series spins, but does not get all the water out. I took the pump out to make sure it was clean and it works great! Maybe it doesn't spin fast enough? Can you help?

By Mike

Answers

Best Answer

You can check Kenmore online for customer service, request an evaluation by a repair service, etc.

Best Answer

My washer was doing that. The round object in the washer that pulses to get the clothes clean was not working properly. It finally stopped working altogether. When I pulled my clothes out of the washer that came out too. It was easily fixed by my husband but you have to order the parts from the company to do so. There was a round plastic washer about the size of a canning jar ring that had broken. If you can lift it out you can see but mine didn't come out until it was completely broken into. That is how I know what the problem is. Good Luck

I have a Kenmore top loading washer, make/model 2125110. It's an automatic load sensing washer. The problem I'm having is with the spin cycle. The washer goes through the sensing, washing, and rinsing. When it comes to the spin cycle it seems like it is not completing it all the way. The clothes will still be very wet, but the washer is not filled with water.

I am using the HE detergent, not overfilling it and trying to even out the load. If I run a separate spin cycle alone it will get the remaining water out of the clothes and a lot of the time I don't have to rearrange the wet clothes. It only seems to not be spinning all the way on a normal cycle. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

How old is your machine? If it is a few years old, this is a common problem. If I were you, I'd just run a separate spin cycle, until it gives up the ghost entirely. Then I'd call a repair person. On my Kenmore, fixing the spin cycle was an easy and relatively inexpensive fix. I had it fixed about 4 years ago, and it is now 16 years old. (ps. It is not a belt. There are no belts in the machines now, that I could see when I watched the repairperson do his work.)

Best Answer

If the washer has a drain pump, check the pump trap. Sometimes that keeps the water from draining during spin cycles.

I have a Kenmore front loader that is not quite 10 years old. If there are too many heavy items like jeans and towels it doesn't spin at the end properly so not all the water drains completely and the door will remain locked.

I will then put it on a rinse and spin cycle and then it's fine. A lighter load it seems to be fine. Why would it spin sometimes and not others?

Answers

It sounds like the tub is not balanced or has belt that shifted. You can contact their customer services department to get their feedback since they are the experts:
www.kenmore.com/.../

Just a word from the been there/done that and failed...Unless you are super handy, I leave those kind of jobs to the pros.

I ended up having a much bigger repair bill on a washer by trying a DYI job than I would have if I would have just called from the beginning. I think that is how I learned the true meaning of penny wise and pound foolish :(

Now I know! Good luck!! Hope it is an easy fix!

Make sure the load is balanced. This is especially important with heavy loads

Thank you. It sometimes happens with a small load

Thank you...no... NOT handy with something like this. I did 2 small loads of laundry with similar clothes in each.

First load was fine second load it did it again and once I put it on a spin and rinse cycle it was fine.

Sounds like a service call is in order. It could be the timing belt, which is not a huge fix, but one best left to the pros. Hope you get it resolved quickly!