Kenmore Washer Not Spinning Out All the Water?

I have a Kenmore top loading washer, make/model 2125110. It's an automatic load sensing washer. The problem I'm having is with the spin cycle. The washer goes through the sensing, washing, and rinsing. When it comes to the spin cycle it seems like it is not completing it all the way. The clothes will still be very wet, but the washer is not filled with water.

I am using the HE detergent, not overfilling it and trying to even out the load. If I run a separate spin cycle alone it will get the remaining water out of the clothes and a lot of the time I don't have to rearrange the wet clothes. It only seems to not be spinning all the way on a normal cycle. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

How old is your machine? If it is a few years old, this is a common problem. If I were you, I'd just run a separate spin cycle, until it gives up the ghost entirely. Then I'd call a repair person. On my Kenmore, fixing the spin cycle was an easy and relatively inexpensive fix. I had it fixed about 4 years ago, and it is now 16 years old. (ps. It is not a belt. There are no belts in the machines now, that I could see when I watched the repairperson do his work.)

It's 5years old I run a separate spin cycle to get the water out of the clothes. It's a pain because it takes longer.

Best Answer

If the washer has a drain pump, check the pump trap. Sometimes that keeps the water from draining during spin cycles.

Is there a timer that could have possibly been thrown off?

Did you ever find out what is causing this? My mother's washing machine is an older one but is doing the same thing.

If you run the spin cycle a second time it's fine but would love to know what you found out. Thanks Kellie

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 31, 2016
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Kenmore-Washer-Not-Spinning-Out-All-the-Water-2.html