Maytag Washer Error Codes

Your washer has stopped working and is flashing a code on the display. This is a guide about Maytag washer error codes.

I have a Maytag Maxima steam x front load washer. I have had to call a repair tech once and it cost $200. In mid cycle it throws e01 and f08 codes, the door will not unlock and there is no power. It just did it again a week after repair. Here is my tip. I kept unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in over and over for about 15 minutes, continuously. It finally unlocked and reset itself. I wish I had tried this to begin with. Just don't give up, keep messing with it until it catches.

I have a Maytag front load washer, model MFW9600SQO. The F02 and SUD codes show up during washing even though I have done the following: Replaced water pump and strainer. Cleaned out behind the door gasket, cleaned out ball on top of drain at the bottom of the washer. Inspected hose from pump to drain pipe for blockage and found none. Identified that water is flowing into and out of washer. I have unplugged the washer overnight. I have run machine without soap 3-4 times.

I can get it to run, but get the FO2 and SUD code towards the end of wash cycle. If I press the off button once and start button twice I can get it to continue to run, but this has to be repeated every 3 minutes or so until the was is done. What do I do now?

By William B.

Answers

Best Answer

I copied this answer from a website called fixya.com. Hope this helps.
If it's not draining properly and shows this F02 Code there may be a simple solution. Take the bottom front panel off (it has 3 screws.) There will be an off white circular plastic thing there. Resembles the top to a cannister. Twist it off. There will be a good bit of water if it hasn't drained properly. I put a cookie sheet under it to catch most of the water. Once you completely unscrew the top off hopefully your problem will be right there. Unbelievable... we found 2 socks, a glove, a bead, coins and don't ask me but there was a nail in there as well. I was so happy that we didn't need to pay a repair man.

My Maytag front load washer will not start. It flashes the letter "F" then the number "11".

Answers

my maytag washer runs fine, untilit gets to the spin cycle. when it get to the spin cycle it flashes f9 or e1

Error code F 11

What is error code F20?

By Nancy T.

Answers

Best Answer

You can try a search yourself or the actual Maytag explanation site:

http://www.mayt  d-washer/PH5130/

My Maytag Neptune washer is throwing an error code d4. Help?

By Teri from Elyria, OH

Answers

Best Answer

Your manual should explain all the error codes. I really got a scare the first time I got an error code on my brand new sewing machine. I looked it up and found out my bottom thread was tangled. I hope yours is that simple. Mine turned out to be Code Red Operator Silliness. Hope yours is too.

I am getting the code 5D on my top load washing machine model # mvw8450wq1.

By Linda

Answers

Here is the customer service line for Maytag

http://www.maytag.com/contact-us/

I have a Maytag Neptune washer. I was washing a small load when the unit stopped with a code ND. There is dirty water in drum. It won't spin or drain.

By John

Answers

Best Answer

The User Guide for my Neptune washer suggests checking for a kinked drain hose or a plugged stand pipe if you get error code ND. If you still have problems you could call their customer service line at 1-888-462-9824.

My washer stopped and is blinking F1. It is full of water; what does this mean?

By Susan from Suffield, CT

Answers

I found a link which said to press pause/cancel and then restart. If it doesn't work call for service. The link also said that is is a common problem and is the reason for a number of lawsuits.

Here is the link:

http://answers.  606052556AAcxd8y

My 3 yr old Maytag HE front load washer displayed an "F" code. i have followed the instructions manual to troubleshoot the problem, like Pause/Off to cancel the cycle. The problem still exists and the door will not open. I have since pulled the plug. Has anyone else had this problem before? My Maytag model # is MFW9800TQ. I would appreciate any feedback.

By rob808 from Thibodaux, LA

Answers

My front load Kenmore did that a couple of times and I had to flip the breaker (couldn't reach the plug) to get it to stop. It hasn't done it in a couple of years,,,never did discover the problem but it stopped. Maybe yours will too.

The user manual for my Maytag Neptune washer does n't have an F code. I would call Maytag at 1-888-462-9824. They will give you the name of an authorized service company to contact or maybe assist you with the reason for the F code.. According to my manual electronic controlls are covered under their warranty program.

Thank ya'll for your feedback.
foxrun41 - my Maytag epic's manual page 22 on the troubleshooting did talk about an 'f' code.
glenn's mom - I did flip the breaker as you suggested - but nothin' happens. door still cannot open the door.
since we have bot a 4 yr-extended protection plan from LOWES. I have called for service since Sunday. the technician that was assigned to my district no longer do servicing. now lowes' service plan-people is looking for another technician for my case. I was told that I have to give them a 24-hr time frame to get someone.
meantime, I am hand washing all the bare necessities (2 school going active boys) - not complaining of that. but it is a full load of towels that are still in the washer that i cannot get out ;(
Thanks for letting me vent;)

The service guy just left. my maytag washer is all better now;). The culprit was a Lucky Bean! My 12 year old son's Lucky BEAN. thought I check all pockets. the service guy found the bean in the bottom drain pipe after removing the bottom panel of the washer. That bean just shut down the whole system due to the washer sensor. Ah well, all's well n good now;)

*the service guy even gave me a bottle of cleaning liquid to clean off the mildew.

I have a Maytag Bravo MVWX700XW1 washer. What does error code F7 E1 mean and how do I repair it? Thank you.

I have a Maytag Neptune Washer MAH5500BWW. The service cycle displays code PA and h. What are these codes? The washer won't start, the display board works, and it runs a service cycle.

I am in need of some assistance that the kind of folks at Maytag are either unable or unwilling to perform. My washer, three years old, is giving me an error code of 'f6 e1' followed by three rapid beeps. It's part of the 2000 series (the one with only bad reviews on Amazon), model #MHWE201YW00.

I have already swapped out the machine control board at the advice of a local serviceman, and before I light more money on fire I figured the wise sages of the internet could render better assistance than I've received thus far.

Thanks for solving my first world problem.

What does e2 mean?

The code OE comes up. What does it mean?

By Pamela B

Answers

I have an lg washer and OE means either a clogged or pinched drain hose.

I have a Maytag Bravo 400 quiet series washer. I am getting the code "DL" and it won't start.

By Dolly D from TX

Answers

You can find the code description in your product manual or on the Maytag website.

That's door lock. Your door isn't locking for some reason. The washer won't start if the door isn't completely shut.
If the door seems to be locking fine there may be an electrical problem.
Check and see if you're still under warranty with this washer.

It looks like my front loading Maytag will not go into the wash cycle and displays an error code F30. I have been unable to locate its meaning. Anyone know?

By James

Answers

From what I have seen on the net, it sounds as though your machine is having a dispenser issue. It could be that the dispenser motor is not working properly. You might try researching how to fix that. Hope this helps.

I had the same thing on my Kenmore and my book said unbalance but after several attempts of balance, cleaning, on and on I called the company out to fix it and the belt was loose and needed to be replaced. I also got it again and cleaned all the dispensers, inside the drum, checked under the rubber that goes around the drum found a couple lonely socks, no idea why and not ever again did it show up. Still a mystery.

My Maytag Neptune washer is flashing an error code that looks like an upside down "F" and an "E". It won't run. Any help?

By James F.

Answers

Did you find out what it meant? I am having the same issue with mine. It's not in the manual nor did Maytag know when I called them.

Anonymous

Me, too! That code isn't listed anywhere online or in the manual. And you can't google because the upside down "F" isn't a letter you can type to search. Ugghh!! Anyone else get that mystery code?

What does this mean when you are cleaning your washer for smells?

By Virginia from Gwinnett

Answers

Does anyone have any idea o f how to correct LF when it comes on?

Anonymous

Low filling..clean filter

What does code F51 mean? The washer won't run. It's been fine for several years. It is a model MVWD75OW from 2005.

By Bob

I have an error code 11 on my Maytag Performance Series 3000 front load washer.
What are possible causes and solutions?

By Jon C from Zanesville, OH

Answers

Well, the manual that came with the washer should have the explanation of the codes. If you don't have the manual you could either e-mail Maytag at customer service or look in the phone book for the phone number of your local Maytag dealer. He would be able to tell you what the code means, what the fix is and any cost if there is a service call.

Made a mistake on the phone number. Correct phone number for Maytag is 1-800-344-1274

I have a Maytag washing machine that does not start and displays "lid" as fault. I have to unplug the washing machine, and plug in again, then it starts the wash cycle. If this a lid switch that is bad?

The error code F21 is displayed on my Maytag front load washer. How can I fix it?

Answers

How to fix it lost my book

My front load machine is showing an error code 3E. What does that mean?

I have a Maytag 9000 series front load washer. I had an error code "f28". The repair man came out said it was the motor control panel so they replaced it. Now its throwing an "f99" code and nobody can figure it out do you have any ideas?

I have a Maytag front load washer. Once I set the cycle the estimated time remaining shows the proper time, like "45 minutes". Once I start the machine, it starts to fill with water (I'm not sure if it fills completely), then it often will start to wash a bit. Next, it beeps and the display in the estimated time remaining flashes a "H" then a "F", but will not complete the cycle. It just continues to flash these to letters (one after the other). I don't know what it means or how I can get it to wash.

I have a Maytag Maxima front loader. We kept on getting error codes for plugged drain so we cleaned out the hoses and took off the front panel and cleaned the lower filter which was pretty nasty. There were kids' socks, toys, and almost $5 in change, but we put it back together and tried to start a load and all it does is beep a few times in a metallic tone then shuts down. I believe it threw out a code of INT at one point since we put it back together.

I have a small Maytag washer model: MHWC7500YW. It stopped working during the washing cycle. I have unplugged it and then it works again for 1 or two loads max; and then stops again flashing the F23 error code. What is this and how I can fix it?

Thanks.

Our 3 year old front loading washing machine is showing error code F08. Can you help us diagnose the problem please?

The washer was not used for 2 months. Now every load gives ol code. It is not overloaded. I even get the code if my washer is empty.

By Ib

Answers

You do not provide to washer manufacturer make so not sure of the OL code. May mean something is stuck in the works somewhere, a drag on the drive, or the control board is failing. Need a technician to take the washer apart to find the problem.

How do I clear the long drain code?

By Randy

Answers

It would help if you would provide the make, model, year, etc., of the washer as not all codes are the same.

How do I clear the "long drain" error code?

By Randy

Answers

Would help if you provide the washer brand and the code number as codes may be different by the manufacturer.

What does F12 on a Maytag 3000 washer mean?

By G from C

Answers

The Maytag product manual has all codes and their meanings. You can also contact Maytag directly by phone or email from this site:

http://www.maytag.com/support/

My washer started and then stopped, flashing the error code FL. What is the problem?

By Joey J.

Answers

The name, model, etc., of your washer would help here as most manufacturers use their own codes for problems. However, I tried an online search for the code and found that Kenmore washers use the FL code for problems with the water pump. I copied an answer on the "shopyourway" website here:

The water in the tub can be drained by lowering the drain hose to the ground over a small catch pan. The 1st image below shows the path of the water in drain. If the drain hose is lowered then gravity should allow the water to drain out. If you lower the hose and no water comes out then there is a blockage in the hose or the pump.

If no water drained out when the drain hose was lowered then I recommend first removing the hoses connected to the pump and check for obstructions.

To access the pump you will need to lay the washer on its back and remove the bottom access panel. See the 3rd image to access and change the drain pump.

Of course the flood switch could be bad or suds in the machine can cause a false FL code but check the pump and the hoses first. Of course, you may require a service tech to diagnose and correct the problem for you.

I received a code oL on estimated time remaining. What does that mean?

By Lynn S.

Answers

If it isn't overloaded, there may be something stuck between the wash basket and the rest of the machine. Removing the basket may dislodge it.

In case it's just an overload, try washing fewer clothes at one time. Clothes should reach no higher than the top of the basket before they get wet and not have to be pressed down.

I have Maytag dishwasher model MDW700EDWG. It is showing error code F7 when I power on the machine. Can you help me to provide more information on this code?

By Milind

Answers

The product manual that came with your machine will have the code meaning. Also, the Maytag website can help with your problem.

What is an A7 error code? My Maytag front loader has this error will not spin after the wash cycle.

By Joel K.

Answers

You can check your product manual for the code, contact the store where purchased or contact the manufacturer's customer service.

What does it mean when it's flashing F13?

By Betty

Answers

Every manufacturer has different codes so without knowing your washer's manufacturer, no answer. You can get this information in your product booklet or online at the manufacturer's website.

The door lock light is blinking on my front load Maytag Maxima. This is all it will do. This happened when I forgot to turn the water on. First it had a code blinking that I looked up and it was for the water, so I turned it on and now it is making a humming noise and the door is locked and that is all it will do. The only way to stop it is to unplug it. Does any one know how to fix this problem? I have only had this washer for about a month.

By Jim S

Answers

Suggest you call the company who sold you the machine or the manufacturer for help.

There is a code on my washer "LF" and it will not go through the wash cycle.

By Jones

Answers

I could mean that the washer is not getting enough water because the water hose has a blockage. Try replacing both of the water hoses. If you have the rubber hoses they should be replaced every 5 years as they tend to dry out and could burst.

My Maytag washer is flashing two error codes, F41 and F51. What do they mean?

By marquezf65

Answers

for f51 code check it out on you tube. type f51 maytag. turns out, it was a wayward sock.

Load More