Maytag Error Codes FO2 and SUD

I have a Maytag front load washer, model MFW9600SQO. The F02 and SUD codes show up during washing even though I have done the following: Replaced water pump and strainer. Cleaned out behind the door gasket, cleaned out ball on top of drain at the bottom of the washer. Inspected hose from pump to drain pipe for blockage and found none. Identified that water is flowing into and out of washer. I have unplugged the washer overnight. I have run machine without soap 3-4 times.

I can get it to run, but get the FO2 and SUD code towards the end of wash cycle. If I press the off button once and start button twice I can get it to continue to run, but this has to be repeated every 3 minutes or so until the was is done. What do I do now?

By William B.

Best Answer

I copied this answer from a website called fixya.com. Hope this helps.
If it's not draining properly and shows this F02 Code there may be a simple solution. Take the bottom front panel off (it has 3 screws.) There will be an off white circular plastic thing there. Resembles the top to a cannister. Twist it off.

There will be a good bit of water if it hasn't drained properly. I put a cookie sheet under it to catch most of the water. Once you completely unscrew the top off hopefully your problem will be right there. Unbelievable... we found 2 socks, a glove, a bead, coins and don't ask me but there was a nail in there as well. I was so happy that we didn't need to pay a repair man.

Thank you so much for this solution. I washed 3 old throw rugs this week and the pieces of backing came off in my machine. The filter or whatever it is at the bottom was completely clogged with those nuggets of rubber from the rugs. I would get codes every time I tried to wash a load. After removing and cleaning that drain at the bottom of the machine, it works fine. Saved us a service call for sure.

Thank you! Thank You!.... a little messy, but SO EASY of a solution!

In our drain we found $1.22 in change, 4 screws and lint... cleared them and it ran just as new!

Anonymous

Found 2.64, pencils, twigs and lint. Totally full!

maytag washing machine error code sud

Yes. I followed the steps, and I found 5 socks there. It works as well as new now.