GE Washer Drains But Won't Spin

If your washing machine is draining but not spinning, you may need to call a repair person out to fix it. A GE washer that drains but won't spin is a problem you can try to fix on your own but it may be difficult.

My GE washer is 3 years old (model#GHWP1000MOWW), it will drain the water out, but will not spin. It makes a sound like it's spinning, but it isn't. Thanks.

By Scott H.

Answers

Best Answer

Howdy. I had this happen to me about a year back. After me researching this on the web. I decided it was the lid switch. When you put down your lid to the washer... it starts a mechanism. I also talked with people where I ordered my parts from and they agreed... it was the lid switch.

I ordered it (less than $50.00 including s/h), and then installed it ourselves (me and my husband). I found out how to replace it by using youtube. I watched the video several times and even kept it up and was running back and forth from the washer to the computer. We got it replaced and it worked like a dream.

I have a GE washer model WCVH6800J2WW that won't spin. The door locks and it runs and drains. I have checked the belt and it looks fine. I guess I may have overloaded it the last time. It is only 3 years old. What do you think? Can you also tell me the steps to get a error code? Thanks!

My GE front load washer washes and drained, but will not spin.

By RJ

My washer will pump water out, but will not spin. Once I get it to spin it will spin two or three times then quit. I replaced the lid switch and it still does the same.

By Frank