GE Washer Drains But Won't Spin

If your washing machine is draining but not spinning, you may need to call a repair person out to fix it. A GE washer that drains but won't spin is a problem you can try to fix on your own but it may be difficult.

My GE washer is 3 years old (model#GHWP1000MOWW), it will drain the water out, but will not spin. It makes a sound like it's spinning, but it isn't. Thanks.

By Scott H.

Answers

Best Answer

Howdy. I had this happen to me about a year back. After me researching this on the web. I decided it was the lid switch. When you put down your lid to the washer... it starts a mechanism. I also talked with people where I ordered my parts from and they agreed... it was the lid switch.

I ordered it (less than $50.00 including s/h), and then installed it ourselves (me and my husband). I found out how to replace it by using youtube. I watched the video several times and even kept it up and was running back and forth from the washer to the computer. We got it replaced and it worked like a dream.

I have a GE washer model WCVH6800J2WW that won't spin. The door locks and it runs and drains. I have checked the belt and it looks fine. I guess I may have overloaded it the last time.

It is only 3 years old. What do you think? Can you also tell me the steps to get a error code? Thanks!

Answers

You can download the book for it here. Follow the directions and call them. If it is only 3 years old it may be under some sort of warranty still. https://www.sea  GE-WASHER-manual

If you overloaded it you may have damaged the invertor or motor. You will probably need servicing. You are always better off doing more loads than one load that is too big.

My GE front load washer washes and drained, but will not spin.

By RJ

Answers

This could be a problem with the belt being off or loose. You also have a motor in the machine and one of the gears inside the motor could be broken.

You'll need to examine the motor and see if it is having any issues turning.

You may have a timer problem.

My washer will pump water out, but will not spin. Once I get it to spin it will spin two or three times then quit. I replaced the lid switch and it still does the same.

By Frank