Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer

It is truly frustrating to have the spin cycle on your washer quit working, leaving you with a sopping load of laundry. This is a guide about spin cycle not working on washer.

I have a Kenmore, model 10502 990 top loader, type 110. The year it was installed was 2001. It works well, but the washer's spin cycle does not get out sufficient water from the clothing. What is your best guess with what is wrong and should I just call repair rather than try to fix it on my own?

Answers

Best Answer

The average working life for a top loading washer is about 14 years so your washer is well beyond the average. The possibility of fixing the washer yourself versus a repair service may be moot at this point. We had a similar aged washer needing repairs recently so called in a service; the repair tech said it would cost more to fix than to buy a new machine. So we bought a new machine that performs well and the new machine's technical advantages are a "new world" after our old and basic 15 year old model!

Best Answer

I think it depends on the cost of repair services in your community. I have a similarly aged machine, and a few years ago the spin cycle quit working. At that time, our local repair person popped over, fixed the machine in less than 30 minutes, as it is a very common problem, and I have been washing merrily ever since. The bill was less than $100, including the new part. As well, a few weeks later, it happened again, and the fellow repaired it again, free of charge, as he said it should have lasted longer! If you have such a repair person, call them in.

My fellow was able to diagnose the problem over the phone. I always think it is a good idea to call in someone who knows what they are doing rather than fool around for hours and days trying to do such repairs by oneself. Be sure that the advice you get from a repair person is valid. I've had advice from a car dealership regarding the price to repair my car vs. the cost of a newer model. The dealership was really interested in selling me the newer car. A repair shop that only did repairs fixed my car, with quite major repairs, but much less than the cost of another one. And the car ran for several more years.

My washer will not go into the spin cycle after draining. It will just agitate and the timer doesn't desend.

Answers

Best Answer

Frigidaire Affinity - you can reference YouTube. Seems like a lot are experiencing spin or final spin.

Hope this may work for you: https://www.you  ch?v=AekMgGpjMe8

My washer's spin cycle does not work. What can I do?

By arturo from San Diego, CA

Answers

Best Answer

I just had that problem. The repairman pulled the front off the machine and found a small nail that had fallen through the holes in the washer tub. I didn't watch him do this, so I don't know where inside the machine it was, but he found it right away. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

The washer won't spin if you have a plugged drain. Did you wash something and it fell apart in the washer? That would do it. Another thing is to find you reset button it's usually on the top of the washer - it might look like an open small hole.

Take a screwdriver and put it inside to click the button. If all else fails it's probably the belt on the motor. If you don't have anyone to take apart your machine call a repair guy - cost appx. $109.00.

I have a top loading GE washer that I purchased in January 2015. The washer will not spin and leaks water from the bottom. It of course is not under warranty. Any ideas on what can be causing this and if it is worth fixing?

Answers

Best Answer

This sounds like the pump is blocked or broken. You will need to take the pump out and check to see if anything is blocking the pump.

If nothing is blocking the pump order a new one and install it.

My washer is washing, but will not spin. I got new motor couplers, but it is still not working.

By Lisa

Answers

Best Answer

This sounds like there may be a belt broken. You can purchase a new belt from either the manufacturer or even sometimes local repair and parts places have them in stock.

They are fairly easy to replace yourself.

My washing machine will wash but the spin cycle will not spin or drain the tub what do I do to repair that?

By Shelly H. from Manteca, CA

Answers

Best Answer

Sounds like the lid switch has gone bad. Google your model number and look for lid switch. Most can be found for about 15 dollars.

My washing machine whirlpool model wtw4950xw3 stopped after the rinse. It's not spinning.

Answers

Best Answer

If it was working before, check for small articles of clothes that could of gotten lodged in the drain pump. Remove the drain pump and check the pump for blockage. If there isnt anything blocking your drain pump you will need to replace the pump on your machine.

I have Kenmore front loading washer, model no. 417.43042200. My washer takes forever to run through its spin cycle. Sometimes the first load runs the normal amount of time. Usually the second load is were it hangs up, it typically gets to the final spin cycle and keeps going and going. If I advance the dial a tick it will finish out. I have a couple questions: Is this a timer problem or the board that controls the timer? Is this something I could get parts for and replace myself without requiring a full compliment of specialized equipment? I bought this washer in 2002 for about $400, am I kidding myself with even thinking about repairing this unit?

By RCB

Answers

Best Answer

All new front load washers will spin until the suds sensor is satisfied all the suds are out. That is the reason for the new high efficiency laundry soaps because normal soaps cause a suds build up and causes longer running times in spin and sometimes when really over suds the rinse cycle is affected also.

My washer will wash, but won't finsh doing the rinse cycle or the spin cycle. It leaves all the water in the washer. What do I do?

By Amber H

Answers

Best Answer

The washer problem could be many possibilities and would probably be difficult for someone to answer from this site. Suggest an evaluation by a repair service.

I have a 20 year old Maytag washer that has a two cycle. One cycle, the spin dry will not work. On the other cycle it works fine. Any thought why the one cycle will not spin?

By Tom W.

Answers

Best Answer

I had the same problem, a repairman replaced the door switch motor in my washer and that resolved it.

My Whirlpool top load washer spin cycle is not working. What should I check before I call the repairman?

By MW

Answers

Best Answer

If your top loading washer doesn't spin it probably needs a new belt, and if your handy you can do it yourself, you can order the belt you need through your washer brand, call their number and they can order it for you and you can put it on the same way you took it off and save yourself some money. I feel you can also do the same thing for a front loading machine too. If you are not a handyperson call a repairman to do it for you. Sometimes you can also order the part through anyplace that sells them as well.

My washing machine drums, started to make loud beating noise and after awhile stopped working.

By Gianni

Answers

If you do not know how why your washer stopped working, it would be difficult for anyone here to suggest a solution. There are many factors to consider and you have not provided any additional information. If your washer is more than 4-5 years old, the most probable solution is to replace the broken washer. Your best plan would be to have a washer repair service check the washer and suggest a solution.

I have a Whirlpool washer model #wtw5500xw2 that won't spin all the water out of the clothes. Can someone tell me what could be the problem? It's driving me crazy.

By Mrs N

Answers

Best Answer

You can contact Whirlpool customer service via email or phone-see the information below:

WHIRLPOOL
Save time by checking your appliance information before contacting us. Manuals & Literature

PHONE:
US: 1-866-698-2538
Canada: 1-800-688-2002

Hour of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST

Please locate the appliance's model and serial number before calling.
Need help finding your model and serial number?

EMAIL:
http://www.whir  .com/contact-us/

My washing machine will not spin on the spin cycle. It just "squeals" like something is moving, but it is not the agitator. Do I need a new belt? If so, is this a DIY project?
Thanks.

By Jim from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

I have fixed this same problem for several people, not too hard for the do it yourself in you. First, your machine is probably a direct drive, most are in the last 15 years. You need to take the cabinet off the frame, there are 2 snaps that hold the water pump to the (shaft). Behind that is a coupler with three prongs on it, one or all have worn out, so it will never spin out. Get on Sears Direct Parts site and order that coupler around $15.00. You will find that this is relatively an easy repair that saved you more money for Christmas. Good luck. (12/14/2009)

By Everett

How do I repair my washing machine? It washes, but does not spin dry or empty the water in the machine.

By tarre from HI

Answers:

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

Chances are your spin mechanism switch (not the real name) has or is going out. When you lift the lid on the washer, on the inside, where the lid closes down, there should be a recessed area with a plastic piece. Push that down and hold it with a pencil and see if the water spins out. If so, look online for a new switch, most models show a picture of the parts and you can pick what you need, most of them you can replace with a screwdriver. (10/26/2009)

By Laura

My washing machine washes, but will not empty or spin. How can I fix it?

By Tim Brown from Tampa, FL

Answers:

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

Depending on the models the earlier models had brake shoes in the bottom of the machine. If you tip the machine over you can see them. If they are worn, they don't engage and so may need replacing; these were on about 20 year old machines.

One of the problems with the newer models is that they have a cut out switch when you lift the lid. If this is broken the machine won't engage in the spin cycle so it isn't an expensive part to replace that could be worth checking. A volt meter would quickly tell you if it was working or not. It is just a basic switch.

The other problem that happens is that the pump is blocked ie., some hair and may need cleaning. They stop if they are blocked. I think they have a sensor, but once unblocked they are fine. So that is a couple of ideas to start with regards, Rustyreks New Zealand (07/22/2009)

By Brent Tamatea

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

We just had that problem and I think my husband put the old transmission from another one in it. Until he fixed it I had to stand there with a pencil or something pointy and hold it in the hole in the top to make it spin. (07/22/2009)

By lindy

Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

I just had mine fixed. The lever that holds the lid closed while the wash spins and empties had broken. The part cost $25, labor $60. (07/22/2009)

By susan winship

My washer, which has not given my one bit of a problem after 15 years, is in need of a repair. When I wash a load of clothes, the motor runs just fine and the laundry goes through a full cycle.

Load More