Washer Drains But Won't Spin

Determining why your washer will not begin the spin cycle after draining will require some research on your part or a call to a repair service. This is a guide about a washer that drains but won't spin.

If your washing machine is draining but not spinning, you may need to call a repair person out to fix it. A GE washer that drains but won't spin is a problem you can try to fix on your own but it may be difficult.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I have a Kenmore front loading washer model # 41744052400 that won't spin. It will agitate and drain, but will only spin when I run the diagnostics. I replaced the door switch and the front control panel with used, but tested ones and still have the same problem.

It does make a loud buzzing noise when it is supposed to spin, but it also makes this noise when I force the spin through diagnostics. Any ideas?

Answers

Best Answer

Make sure it is level. In my book (I have a Bosch) it says it won't always spin or drain if not level.

My washer will drain, but not spin. It is fine on the wash cycle, but once it starts to drain it makes a loud noise and then won't spin.

By Linda S.

Answers

Best Answer

If you have a reliable repair person, you could call and consult. When my machine wouldn't spin, the repairman diagnosed the problem over the phone, and when he came to fix it, took less than an hour and charged a very reasonable price.

It was much cheaper than a new machine!

My top load washing machine won't spin during the spin cycle and the water drains out from underneath the machine despite it not spinning. Is this fixable?

Answers

Here is an excellent article that discusses all the causes: http://www.doit  nd-disadvantages

is it a samsung? they have been all over the news lately...https://consume  r-recall-repair/

Is your washer still in good condition? Or newer with warranty?

My washer drains from the bottom and won't spin, so the clothes are soaked.

By Pete

Answers

Hello, Go to Youtube. There are literally tons of 'how to' videos. Enter your problem in the search box and you will have many to select from. I've saved quite a bit of money doing this.

My Kenmore #110 will not spin; it makes a clicking sound. It does drain.

By Dave from Oshawa

Our Kenmore washing machine is a Model#-110.26852503, Type-111, Serial#-CS5119524. It has stopped spinning our clothing during the spin cycle. It doesn't make any strange noises and I already replaced the motor coupler, thinking this was the problem.

One interesting point, the tub spins when it is full of water as it drains the water from the tub, but once the tub has emptied the water, it stops spinning and leaves the clothing soaked. Occasionally it will spin the clothing, but not often.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am trying to keep from hiring anyone to come out and fix it. Thanks.

By Ryan from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Professional Repair

When I have problems with my washer, I call the repair guy in town. He usually comes the same day, fixes the problem in a half hour or less, and I pay his bill, less than $100. It is so worth it!

By Louise B.

The spin cycles have stopped working on my older Maytag washer. All other cycles run fine and it fills and drains properly. When it comes time to spin, it just completely stops. If I lift and then shut the lid, it seems to kick start the spin, but then it stops again after 10 seconds or so. (It will temporarily start for as many times as I open and close the lid.)

Is this any kind of easy fix I could do myself? The washer is so old, it wouldn't be worth calling a repair man. (I could just get another washer.) Thanks!

By graphixgrl from Indianapolis, IN

Answers

Change Stopping Washer

I had the same thing happen. My husband took the bottom kick plate off to expose the motor, and underneath there is a rubber type boot where the water drains (I know you said it drains ok). Take it off. I found over $10.00 in change caught in there. Once removed it worked fine. Worth a look.

By cindy

Transmission

It's probably the transmission. If it is as old as you say, I would seriously consider just replacing the machine for a new one. I believe that would be more cost effective. This is just my opinion.

By Deborah570

Simple Repair

My washer quit spinning, and it was a small part that attached to the motor. I had called the repair man, who diagnosed the problem over the phone, and had the problem fixed that afternoon. The service call was about $75-$100, you could not buy a new machine for that. There is no transmission or gears on a washing machine. My repairman told me that this "no spin" problem is very common. I would call a repair person.

By the way, my machine is 11 years old and good to go for much more, now that the little part is replaced.

By Louise B.

My washer will empty the water, but the tub does not spin. The switch will activate when depressed, and after releasing the switch the motor will continue to run, but the tub still doesn't spin. Please help.

By Gary from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Broken Belt or Transmission

It could be something as simple as a broken belt, but also a more expensive fix like the transmission.

By Colleen Stuchal