Washer Does Not Spin Water Out of Clothes

Having a washer full of wet clothes because it is not spinning all of the water out is frustrating. This is a guide about washer does not spin water out of clothes.

My spinning cycle on my washing machine is not working correctly. The clothes are still wet, after cycle has finished. Please help.

By Nina Joyce from Blue Springs, MO

Answers

Best Answer

Sounds like it is permanently set for Permanent Press or Gentle, and does not go into high speed. You are trading in nearly-dry for wrinkle-free . You can't have both with most washers.
Unless you just forgot about that setting, you probably have to replace the control.

Have FUN!
DearWebby
http://humor.webby.com/blog/

Best Answer

This isn't a fix for the machine, but what I do (I have the same problem) is put the dial on spin again for about 20 seconds. It works for me!

Best Answer

Check your top and bottom hoses on back of machine where the water comes in. I had the same problem, so my son took the hoses off and found they have a screen in them, at least mine did. Problem solved. I hope this works for you.

Best Answer

Nina, I don't know if this will help you or not but when our Whirlpool washer started doing this it was the Clutch that was wearing out. I took the make and model number of the washer and Googled the problem, you may find that there are several answers or options for your problem.

We ended up taking ours to a local repair shop for a new (used) clutch replacement, much cheaper then buying a new washer. They said the newer models have cheaper parts that wear out faster than the old machines. Imagine that! Good Luck. :)

Washing machine doesn't spin the water from my clothes.

Answers

Best Answer

This sounds like you have a pump issue in your machine or you could have a clogged drain in the machine. I would start with the pump and check it first. If it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly, you'll need to change this.

Best Answer

It could be the timer or hose. I'd type your washer machine and model # on the internet with the problem and see if you can find a solution.

My Maytag washer, mah5500bww, won't always spin out the clothes. When it does the clothes seem still wetter than normal.

I checked the codes. It always comes up 17 or 18 on the diagnostic, but the door locks OK. It's an older washer.

Answers

Best Answer

This could be an issue with your drainage pump or a clog in the pump. You might need to remove the machine and check to see if you need to clean out any filters or hoses in the back of the machine so the pumps can drain. Otherwise, you might need to replace your drain pump on the machine because it isn't pumping out all the water and draining correctly.

I have a Kenmore washer that is 15 years old. This is the 1st time this is occurring. During the final spin the inner basket is not spinning as fast as previously. The clothes are more damp than they should be.

Is it a motor, transmission, or something else? I haven't disassembled it, don't know if it could be a belt. Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

You might have a belt that is slipping, or a timing problem.

I have a 2013 Speed Queen top load washer #AWN432 that has not been spinning out all of the water for the past two months. The clothes are still quite wet on the final cycle. I checked the drain hose. It appears to be clear. Also, the water level appears to be self lowering. Any suggestions?

Answers

It might be a control panel issue like a faulty timer? Perhaps it's stopping too soon.

It could be a faulty inlet valve or timer. Unless you feel comfortable fixing this yourself,

you'll need a repair person.

sounds like the clutch is going out, or has gone out.

I have a Maytag front loading washing machine. It washes and drains fine, but all of the water doesn't spin out of the clothes. Before when this happened, I just ran the load through the entire cycle again and all was fine, but this time that didn't seem to work. I don't know what to do. I am not mechanically inclined, but can't afford repair.

By patricia from Oklahoma City

Answers:

Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes

We had a similar issue. We got a Spin Dryer from Laundry Alternative.

www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Spin_Dryer.html

The clothes come out very near to dry, I hang the clothes right on a plastic hanger. It's like the spinner does some of the work of the washer's spinning (only better) and is a jump start on the drying process.

It doesn't fix your washer, but it's a way around the problem. (12/22/2010)

By Bacawind

First suggestion is go online and get the owner's manual and do the trouble shooting they offer. Some front loading machines require cleaning cycles because they can 'gunk' up from soap/dirt, etc. Good luck! (12/22/2010)

By Maile

I was wondering why you'd been running the washer through the entire cycle a second time. Are you unable to set the machine to begin at the final spin cycle?

If you have a handy friend, perhaps he or she would be willing to take a look. One other thought: many machines have extended warranties. If your warranty is still in force, the manufacturer is obligated to repair it free. (12/23/2010)

By Lelia Jo Cordell

Does this help?
www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/maytag-atlantis-washing-machine-c10219.html (12/23/2010)

By Barbara Pope

Hi sweetie, I have had this problem many times over the years. There is a small opening on the front of your machine down near the floor, place a towel down to catch the water then push the panel to reveal a disc, grip the disc and turn to open, this will let out the water and debris accumulated in the mesh tray, clean it out then put the whole thing back together (hand tight will be fine), your machine will be good to go again, if you do this periodically you won't have any trouble, take care, Honey. (12/23/2010)

By Honey