Washer Does Not Spin Water Out of Clothes

Having a washer full of wet clothes because it is not spinning all of the water out is frustrating. This is a page about washer does not spin water out of clothes.

My spinning cycle on my washing machine is not working correctly. The clothes are still wet, after cycle has finished. Please help.

By Nina Joyce from Blue Springs, MO

Answers

Best Answer

Sounds like it is permanently set for Permanent Press or Gentle, and does not go into high speed. You are trading in nearly-dry for wrinkle-free . You can't have both with most washers.
Unless you just forgot about that setting, you probably have to replace the control.

Have FUN!
DearWebby
humor.webby.com/.../

Best Answer

This isn't a fix for the machine, but what I do (I have the same problem) is put the dial on spin again for about 20 seconds. It works for me!

Best Answer

Check your top and bottom hoses on back of machine where the water comes in. I had the same problem, so my son took the hoses off and found they have a screen in them, at least mine did. Problem solved. I hope this works for you.

Best Answer

Nina, I don't know if this will help you or not but when our Whirlpool washer started doing this it was the Clutch that was wearing out. I took the make and model number of the washer and Googled the problem, you may find that there are several answers or options for your problem.

We ended up taking ours to a local repair shop for a new (used) clutch replacement, much cheaper then buying a new washer. They said the newer models have cheaper parts that wear out faster than the old machines. Imagine that! Good Luck. :)

Washing machine doesn't spin the water from my clothes.

Answers

Best Answer

This sounds like you have a pump issue in your machine or you could have a clogged drain in the machine. I would start with the pump and check it first. If it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly, you'll need to change this.

Best Answer

It could be the timer or hose. I'd type your washer machine and model # on the internet with the problem and see if you can find a solution.

My Maytag washer, mah5500bww, won't always spin out the clothes. When it does the clothes seem still wetter than normal.

I checked the codes. It always comes up 17 or 18 on the diagnostic, but the door locks OK. It's an older washer.

Answers

Best Answer

This could be an issue with your drainage pump or a clog in the pump. You might need to remove the machine and check to see if you need to clean out any filters or hoses in the back of the machine so the pumps can drain. Otherwise, you might need to replace your drain pump on the machine because it isn't pumping out all the water and draining correctly.

I have a Kenmore washer that is 15 years old. This is the 1st time this is occurring. During the final spin the inner basket is not spinning as fast as previously. The clothes are more damp than they should be.

Is it a motor, transmission, or something else? I haven't disassembled it, don't know if it could be a belt. Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

You might have a belt that is slipping, or a timing problem.

My Frigidaire GLTF2940FS1 washer does not spin correctly/quickly in the final spin cycle leaving the clothes soaking wet. Also, that cycle is short because the timer goes from 7 minutes to dark (stopping). I have seen on multiple sites including appliance repair sites that the door lock mechanism is the likely cause of the drum not getting up to speed in this cycle so I have ordered one.

My question is if this truly is the cause wouldn't the door lock no longer secure the door as well? My washer door still locks. I hope I am wrong about this as the door lock would be an easy fix. Please help?

Thank you.

EJ

Answers

It sounds more like the drain pump is not working correctly, or is clogged. You may also have a timing problem. The machine may advance to the next stage of the cycle before the clothes have spun dry.

The water drains though. It does not leave water sitting in it

Also there is no next cycle for it to advance to. This is the final spin cycle same as when I put it on drain/spin

I am not handy, so when I have issues I usually call in the pros. Sounds like you are handy and just need someone to discuss this potential fix.

Sometimes when you order parts, you can chat (either via phone or via computer) with someone who can give you an idea about things like you are asking. Did the site you buy the part from have this option?

I personally have not used this site:

www.appliancepartspros.com/.../

But have had a friend's handy hubby who has and found it helpful. This was a while ago, so I can't vouch for it today, but it couldn't hurt to try.

My go to for learning about things also also YouTube. Maybe you can see if there are YouTube videos that talk about your challenge and then the person will show you what they did to repair it.

Like I said, I am not handy, but when I vacuumed up a rag, I was able to follow a very simple YouTube video to take my 30 year old vacuum apart and get the rag out of the motor. I think that was my proudest handy person moment!!

Post back what helps you!!

Thank you for you reply! Yes, I would call myself handy. Lol. I have taken my dryer apart and installed several new parts including a heating coil.

As it turns out it WAS the door lock control. I just put a new one in and ran a load of wash and the Final Spin spinning like a top! I like 25.00 fixes!

Woo hoo!! So happy you were able to resolve this so easily!! Now others will know this may be the challenge!! Thanks so much for posting back! Sending blessings!

I have a top load Whirlpool washer gsw9650lw0. I have changed the transmission, clutch, the pump, and the coupler on this washer. When I changed it, it was working fine, but a month later it is not spinning the water out anymore. Is there something I am missing? Or people are loading it too full?

I had an old washer that was leaving the clothes still wet. I went out and bought a brand new washer and it's having the same issue. How can I tell if it's my pipes or a weird coincidence that both washers were doing the same thing? We used the same hose and inspected it and it's fine.

Thanks.

Answers

You may have a clog in the pipe that it is draining into.

I have a 2013 Speed Queen top load washer #AWN432 that has not been spinning out all of the water for the past two months. The clothes are still quite wet on the final cycle. I checked the drain hose. It appears to be clear. Also, the water level appears to be self lowering. Any suggestions?

Answers

It might be a control panel issue like a faulty timer? Perhaps it's stopping too soon.

It could be a faulty inlet valve or timer. Unless you feel comfortable fixing this yourself,
you'll need a repair person.

sounds like the clutch is going out, or has gone out.

I have a GE washer and it won't spin water out at the end of the wash cycle. The model number is whdsr209.

Answers

You could have a clogged pump or hose.

Ours was the timing device when we had this issue. It was an old washer and three times they tried to fix and it never worked.

Have you tried to manually click it full into the spin cycle--one click which ever way yours goes? I did that for 2 years until we could budget to get a new washer. It was a pain, but it worked and got it to spin.

Post back if that helps!

I have a Maytag front loading washing machine. It washes and drains fine, but all of the water doesn't spin out of the clothes. Before when this happened, I just ran the load through the entire cycle again and all was fine, but this time that didn't seem to work. I don't know what to do. I am not mechanically inclined, but can't afford repair.

By patricia from Oklahoma City

Answers:

Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes

We had a similar issue. We got a Spin Dryer from Laundry Alternative.
www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Spin_Dryer.html

The clothes come out very near to dry, I hang the clothes right on a plastic hanger. It's like the spinner does some of the work of the washer's spinning (only better) and is a jump start on the drying process.

It doesn't fix your washer, but it's a way around the problem. (12/22/2010)

By Bacawind

First suggestion is go online and get the owner's manual and do the trouble shooting they offer. Some front loading machines require cleaning cycles because they can 'gunk' up from soap/dirt, etc. Good luck! (12/22/2010)

By Maile

I was wondering why you'd been running the washer through the entire cycle a second time. Are you unable to set the machine to begin at the final spin cycle?

If you have a handy friend, perhaps he or she would be willing to take a look. One other thought: many machines have extended warranties. If your warranty is still in force, the manufacturer is obligated to repair it free. (12/23/2010)

By Lelia Jo Cordell

Does this help?
www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/maytag-atlantis-washing-machine-c10219.html (12/23/2010)

By Barbara Pope

Hi sweetie, I have had this problem many times over the years. There is a small opening on the front of your machine down near the floor, place a towel down to catch the water then push the panel to reveal a disc, grip the disc and turn to open, this will let out the water and debris accumulated in the mesh tray, clean it out then put the whole thing back together (hand tight will be fine), your machine will be good to go again, if you do this periodically you won't have any trouble, take care, Honey. (12/23/2010)

By Honey

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersNovember 30, 2016
🎃