Washer Not Spinning the Clothes Completely

I have a Kenmore washer that is 15 years old. This is the 1st time this is occurring. During the final spin the inner basket is not spinning as fast as previously. The clothes are more damp than they should be. Is it a motor, transmission, or something else? I haven't disassembled it, don't know if it could be a belt. Thank you!

Best Answer

You might have a belt that is slipping, or a timing problem.

Judy, thank you. still procrastinating on disassembling. follow up query;old, stretched belt I understand, what do you mean by a timing problem? I'm going to guess: ur asking if the final spin cycle
is being shortened by a hiccup in the timer. that is not the case. I've re-spun the load, with the lid up, and timed it out to the full 6 minutes. just not spinning with the same centrifical [sp] force as last week. thanks again. PS. not sure if my model is belt, or direct drive. fingers crossed!!

Im not a mechanic, but when my washer had a timing problem, the timing was off and it didnt drain completely. I needed some kind of part to correct the timing.