Door Lock Light is Blinking on Washer

The door lock light is blinking on my front load Maytag Maxima. This is all it will do. This happened when I forgot to turn the water on. First it had a code blinking that I looked up and it was for the water, so I turned it on and now it is making a humming noise and the door is locked and that is all it will do. The only way to stop it is to unplug it. Does any one know how to fix this problem? I have only had this washer for about a month.

By Jim S

Suggest you call the company who sold you the machine or the manufacturer for help.

Sorry for your problem. I too had the same problem with our BRAND NEW 1 WEEK OLD Maytag washer. Wife did a load night before and went down next day and door was LOCKED ! Finally figured it out from online that you simply unplug it for 1 minute and it resets the computer. Called Maytag to ask WHY it happened (waited 20 minutes for representative) and IF I can expect this to continue. DON'T do that ! They are ditzes ! They Know NOTHING ! STILL have no answer. Good luck !