Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
Do any of the front load washers come with a reversible door, or one the opens from right to left? The complaint I hear most from current owners is having to lift wet clothes over, or step around the open washer door to put clothes into the dryer.
By Betty Vollman from Bowling Green, KY
I have a Kenmore HE 2 Plus that's door opens from right to left. Hope that helps.
Electrolux: EWFLW65HSS 27'' Front-Load Washer with 4.7 cu. ft. Capacity, 56 Total Cycles Available, Perfect Balance System, Touch-2-Open Reversible Door, LED Lights and Wave-Touch Controls: Silver Sands
I have a maytag front load washer and the doors are reversible as are the doors on my dryer.
2. Lift door upward and then pull outward. Door and hinges should disengage drom cabinet.
3. remove the hinge covers by pulling upward and then outward.
4. Remove the screws that mount the hinges to the door.
5. Transfer the screws that attach the inner and outer to the other side of the door.
6. Attach the hinges to the door.
7. Remount the door to the cabinet. Secure the mounting screws.
8. Mount the hinge covers to opposite side of the door.
These are the instructions to reverse the door from the installation instructions that came with my washer/dryer.
If they sound to difficult for you to do call the repair man found in the yellow pages.