Killing Roots in a Sewer Line

Is there anything I can make or do to kill tree roots in water/sewer lines? We used Rid-X successfully five years in Houston, on city utilities, BUT not on anything like a septic. I just hated the Rid-X and hope someone knows of any tree root killer that will NOT kill the tree or us that we can make or mix up? Extra money is non-existant and I am disabled.

Lynda from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Killing Roots in a Sewer Line

I've heard the dumping rock salt down your toilet will work. (08/03/2006)

By anniehenry_84

Killing Roots in a Sewer Line

Go to the feed store and get a block of salt like you feed animals. Chop blocks off of it that will fit in the water storage tank of your toilet and it will keep the tree roots out of your septic system economically. A large chunk of it will last a month, so the block is very low in cost for the time it lasts. (08/03/2006)

By jesij

Killing Roots in a Sewer Line

I heard rock salt also, put in toilet before going to bed, flush, so it can sit in the lines and do it weekly or so. Hope it works for you. (08/04/2006)

By dede

Killing Roots in a Sewer Line
White Low Flow Toilet
Saving Money on Your Sewer Bill
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
house with trees
Getting Rid of Roots in a Sewer Line
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 10:50:29 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 930 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.