Homemade Root Killer

Tree roots can invade your sewer system and cause problems and damage. This is a guide about homemade root killer.

I am looking for a Homemade Root Killer for sewer system. I am not connected to a septic tank but a city sewer system.

Steve from Everett, WA

Answers

By siris. (Guest Post)

My sister-in-law sent me copper sulphate for killing tree roots. The city put in new plastic pipes , so my problem was solved, but she swears by it. Just put it in the drains and send a small amount of water through. Best to leave overnight or if your going away for a few days.

Copper sulphate should do the trick.It is also known as blue crystals and I have bought a can at Home Depot in the plummers dept.

By Gary White (Guest Post)

Don't use the copper sulfate for root killing. Look it up on google and you'll see that it can mangle your system. Go with rootx or another brand that does not use copper sulfate, since they are much easier on a system and yield the same results. Whatever you go with, make sure you avoid the copper sulfate(any reputable plumber will inform you of the pitfalls of using too harsh of a root killing agent).

Good luck

There's a new Copper Sulfate Root Killer delivery system with water soluble packets called Root 'N Clean. The packets dissolve slowly after flushing to be caught by the roots to deiver the foaming copper sulfate to the roots after the water has flushed by. It is therefore much less expensive for results and safer to handle. It also has a grease cutter. I manufacture it to solve solve problems like yours.