Knowing How Much is Left on a Gift Card

Gift cards are fun to receive, and I have gotten quite a few of them. When I use a card, and it still has a balance, I use a sharpie to write the amount that is available. No more wasted cards and embarrassing moments.

By Christine from Sterling, Virginia

Knowing How Much is Left on a Gift Card

There are also websites for the cards as well as 1-800 numbers to keep track of balance. (07/15/2008)

Knowing How Much is Left on a Gift Card

I stick on a piece of masking tape and write what is left on the card. Then I cross it off and write down the next amount left. (07/15/2008)

By cookwie

Knowing How Much is Left on a Gift Card

Great advice as to writing the amount on the back. I am one that usually looks it up online via the card's website or calls the number (that is sometimes located on the back of the card). Writing the amount on is a great time saver. I'll try it next time. (07/28/2008)

By DoinLaundry

Hand with Many Gift Cards Fanned Out
Keeping Track of Gift Card Balances
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Box
Making a Gift Card Box
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding