Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

We recently bought a condo, unfortunately the people living before us left red Kool-aid stains in the beige carpet. I have been trying for 6 months to clean it with little luck, any suggestions?

By Brenda from Charlotte, NC

Answers:

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

I've always used window cleaner. Spray well and blot, repeat until the stain is gone (01/29/2010)

By duckie43

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

Make a paste out of equal parts baking soda and hydrogen peroxide (if it's a small area, 1/4 cup to 1/4 cup). Work that in with a scrub brush and let it sit about twenty minutes. Rinse with a clean rag or sponge and clear warm water; you should see a difference. If it's not completely gone, do it again.

My adult daughter had a white shirt that had a juice stain on it that had been set even further by washing in hot water and going through the dryer and then left on a hanger in the back of the closet for months, before she tried this; it worked. (01/29/2010)

By PupperMom

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

I am not sure if you can still find this at Walmart, but Blue Magic Spot Cleaner found in the automotive dept will take it right out. It's in a blue aerosol can. You will be amazed how well it works.
The Walmarts here are deleting it off of their shelves, but it's the best spot remover I have ever found. It took the orange pop stain right out of my carpeting. Good luck. (01/31/2010)

By Mirage