Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

How do I remove a red Kool-Aid stain from carpet?

Maury-RN from Hixson, TN

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

I used the steam iron and damp towel after I sprayed the stain with a water and a little dish liquid and it

worked! After about 3 times, the stain just disappeared! Thanks so much. (08/25/2007)

By Jai

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

I used the iron and sprayed it with Grease Lightning prior and let it set for 15 minutes. It all came out! And it

was a 4 hour old Kool-Aid stain! I am so amazed! It took about 15 minutes of the iron over the towel trick, but it

worked and every little bit came out! Thanks. (01/29/2008)

By yowsers!

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

The stain got lighter, but it's still there. My suggestion is to go and buy new carpet!

By lmanso from Snellville, GA

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

The steam iron works. Don't mix too much Dawn with water, about 10 parts water to 1 Dawn, it can take color out

of carpet. To recolor go to hobby/craft shop and buy color pen inks (like a Sharpie). One brand is Prismacolor.

They're used to color cloth craft projects. You will need several color combo's to match rug and "clear blender"

color to blend. Lasts about two years on rug even with rug cleaner. (08/14/2008)

By Don w

Red Stain out of White Carpet

Water spilled over onto a red velvet tree skirt this Christmas and then soaked the carpet behind the tree with red

dye. Although I noticed it when it was still wet, it was after the tree was decorated and in place, so rather than

move the tree and deal with it then, I waited, three weeks. I took the tree down today and there the spot was in

its dark pink glory.

I got out the Bissell and all the chemicals I could find, including peroxide, baking soda, alcohol, and various

carpet cleaners. I went over the spot for three hours with that approach, which resulted in an improvement,

however, there was still a faint pink area on my white carpet. I went to the internet and searched for help and

found this site. Amen! I applied stick Spray N Wash because that was all I had, a white t-shirt and hot iron.

Within 20 minutes, the stain disappeared. Amazing. Thank you. (01/03/2009)

By Susan

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

I have no idea what the stain was on my off white Berber carpet, I just knew there was this dried magenta red

mess. I tried special carpet stain remover, laundry stain remover and no effect. I read these posts and figured I

had nothing to lose. To my amazement, it worked! I love Dawn, but didn't have any, so I just used Safeway store

brand. This will be one tip I will remember and share with all my friends. (12/14/2010)

By tututens

Photo of a kool-aid stain on carpet.
Cleaning Kool-Aid Stains from Carpet
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet