Lake Photos

Category Scenery
Autumn Lake
Lakes offer a beautiful, serene, and sometimes awesome and powerful subject for the photographer. This is a guide about lake photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

The sun was almost set behind our lake making the trees look like a silhouette. The reflection in the water became a silhouette too. We love sitting outside watching the sun set behind the lake.

By Myst

Reflections of trees on lake.

Comment Like this photo? 21

Here is a photo, taken at night at Lake Ella Park in Tallahassee. It is taken across the lake facing North Monroe Street.

By Dan

View across lake at night.

Comment Like this photo? 25

This is Chambers Bay in Lakewood, Washington. Beautiful area, a nice place to go walking and take pictures. Others like to go golfing.

By Debbie N

Chambers Bay (Lakewood, WA)

Comment Like this photo? 15

Taken on Saturday September 4, 2010 at the beach in Ludington, Michigan after the wind had calmed down.

The waves are about 5 - 6 feet high and no one was on the beach. The sand was blowing like sand paper. I did not realize that the clouds would show up like this until I downloaded to my computer.

By Hendrik

Storm  clouds and waves on lake.

Comment Like this photo? 22

Last summer, I took this picture of Frog Lake and Mt. Hood here in Oregon. This beautiful scenery is very relaxing, and makes you calm when you see it. During winter, this mountain is fully covered with snow.

By Nelly

Lake with Mt. Hood in background.

Comment Like this photo? 21

I went hiking up Granite Trailhead with my brothers one afternoon, at the top of which is a lake. It's a nice little hiking spot in Cottonwood Heights, UT. I loved this picture of the lake I captured.

By Stacey

Mountain lake.

Comment Like this photo? 6

The guys wanted to get a early start fishing. This is what you see when you get up at 5 am. Beautiful.

I saw the pelican later in the day. I have many beautiful scenery pictures from our fishing trip in Canada.

By Jan

Sunrise on lake.

Comment Like this photo? 6

In October of every year, I like going to Devil's Lake, Baraboo WI. This picture is overlooking the lake, and seeing the beauty of the fall colors.

Overview of lake.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Late afternoon time on Occoquan Lake (Fairfax Station, VA) with my daughter and hubby.

Child on lake shore near row boats.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Here is a photo of our small lake outside Bancroft, Ontario, at the end of last summer. Can't wait for the weather to warm up to enjoy these scenes again!

photo of the lake in Bancroft

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

This is South River Lake, a man made lake, that we often visit when out on our four wheelers. It was the calm before the storm this September day. Everything around the lake was a complete mirror image. It was so restful.

Boulders in water.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

These are a few pictures of Ontelaunee Lake in Leesport, Berks County Pennsylvania. It's a man made lake that was part of a system of lakes created to stop the severe flooding that our county went through during the very devastating 1972 Hurricane Agnes.

Lake with shore in the distance.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

I find this is a very relaxing picture. I remember after taking this, my husband had wandered off, so I sat down to wait for him. There was a warm breeze, the sound of the water gently lapping at the edge of the lake, and the sounds of the birds singing just before night time. Very relaxing.

Late afternoon on the lake.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I just wanted to share this picture that I snapped at Utah Lake in February, I loved how it turned out! I love lake scenes!

Utah Lake

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Lake Bistineau (Bis-ti-no), Louisiana. Summertime... and the living is easy.

Moss covered trees at edge of lake.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes