Laundry Detergent Recipe

How do you make your own laundry detergent?

Patti from Levittown

Laundry Detergent Recipe

Is the Borax safe for colors? (10/12/2007)

By Alabama

Laundry Detergent Recipe

I make a powdered laundry soap. It is very concentrated, and easy to store. Shred 1 Fels Naptha bar in food processor. It should resemble powder when done. Add 3/4 c. borax and 3/4 c. WASHING soda (not baking soda). Mix well and store in an airtight container. Use 2 Tbs. for a large load. It is safe for the newer HE washers as it is a low suds soap. Add 1/2 c. white vinegar to the final rinse for softness. My clothes are clean and bright. (07/13/2008)

By Kelly

Laundry Detergent Recipe

I read somewhere that you could wash your wool with Blue Dawn dish washing detergent, so I tried it in a load of clothes and it works great on everything. I just pour it around the machine one time as I turn the water on. Saves a bundle. (11/11/2008)

By By Teresa

Laundry Detergent Recipe

I had the same experience so when I made the next batch, I added more of the powders and added them to the boiling soap water right as I turned off the heat, then I poured the hot soap into a 5 gal bucket 1/2 full of hot water. I stirred the mixture for several minutes then left it uncovered and returned and re stirred about every 30 minutes or so, until cooled. I have the creamiest detergent now; no separating and no clumping. I reheated the clumpy mixture and re stirred it as well and it too has remained nice and creamy. Hope this helps you! (12/28/2008)

By Linda

A washer filled with laundry.
Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry Detergent
Making Homemade Laundry Detergent
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops