Lawn Mower Woes: Starter Cord Won't Pull

I replaced the starter cord on my Troybilt lawn mower. It works perfectly until I re-bolt the cover, then it locks up and can't be pulled. Any ideas of what the problem is?

By Jessy12 from Fairfax, VA

Answers:

I viewed the archived answers and followed the instructions of one responder. The engine started on the first pull. A great site. Thanks! (04/23/2009)

By Jessy12

Thank you all for your tips! Our lawnmower "seized up" and, after doing a quick search, found this site, and in about 20 minutes we got our lawnmower running! You saved us from having to pay someone to fix it or possibly buying a new one. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (07/28/2009)

By jt883