Lawnmower Cord Won't Retract

Category Lawn Mowers
It is frustrating when getting ready to mow your lawn to have the mower cord fail to retract. This is a guide about lawnmower cord won't retract.

Lawn mower cord won't go in. What do I do?

By Diane from Jacksonville, NC

Best Answer

This happens fairly regularly on my lawnmower - I just tip it up and turn the cutting blade anti-clockwise (counter-clockwise).

Also, squirting a healthy dose of light oil or other lubricant, such as WD40 into the hole where the cord goes helps.

I have a Snapper riding lawnmower. The cord is pulled out and won't retract. Any help would be appreciated.

Lawnmower - Cord Won't Retract

You will have to have the spring inside the cover replaced. If you are handy with tools you can do it yourself if you have the patience. If not I suggest taking it to a lawnmower repair shop. (08/14/2005)

By Darrell