Lemon Tree Not Blooming Or Producing Lemons

My lemon tree does not produce any fruit. It is about 8 feet high, full of leaves and very healthy.

Peter

Answers:

I can't help the original request, but for the lady with the Meyers lemon, it might help to know that here in Florida, where they are natives, they bloom all year around and continuously have fruit in various stages of maturity. Because of a poor soil situation I grow mine in pots and just bring them inside when we have a frost or rare freeze.

Even keeping them small like that they produce a tremendous amount of fruit. They are the only citrus I know of that does not have to be grafted--I start several a year just from cutting back the older trees and sticking the cut branches in a pot of dirt--watering daily until they develop a root system. They usually start producing within a year, but they do need healthy pollinators during the times they are in bloom. (01/05/2009)

By Anonymous

My neighbour has always dug a few tablespoons of epsom salt around the base of her lemon trees and has had plenty of large fruit every year. My grandfather had trouble with his tree and tried the same with good results worth a try, use maybe 2 tablespoons. Not sure how big the tree is that you have. Hope you have success if you give this a go. (01/05/2009)

By Teresa

Lemon and blossoms on tree
Lemon Tree Not Blooming or Producing Fruit
Meyers lemons in canning jars.
Canning Lemons
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Lemons growing on a tree.
Growing Lemons
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎉
🎄