Lemon Cream Basil Pasta with Chicken
This recipe is not only fast, easy, but flavorful! I love cooking with lemon. It is a great flavor enhancer! I find it is a great healthy choice! You use less salt, natural flavors. Lemon is fantastic on fresh vegetables too! You don't need butter if you use lemon! My favorite is broccoli with lemon!
- 3 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- chicken seasonings: season salt, garlic powder, black pepper, I like a dash of dill weed, 1 lemon quartered
- 1 lb mezze penne pasta cooked, al dente
- 1-1/2 cup half n half
- 2 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- Garnish with, a few small basil leaves and a bit of parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken with a mallet, then season on both sides and squeeze the lemon on both sides.
- Place in a glass cooking dish that is greased. I use spray oil. Bake for 30 minutes, turning over once halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it and half cook your pasta. Then drain. Set aside!
- Using the same pan, add chicken broth, lemon zest, garlic powder, and black pepper, bring to a boil and add lemon juice and pasta. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Cut up chicken into bite size pieces and stir into cooked pasta, along with half n half and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove
- Let it sit with a cover! Serve with Parmesan shredded cheese or grated cheese!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.