Less Free Disk Space After Document Cleanup

Does anyone know what caused less free disk space to occur after cleaning up oodles of MBs of old and unnecessary documents, videos and photos? Shouldn't there be more instead of less percentage of free disk space?

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Make sure you have emptied the Recycle Bin - the files aren't actually gone until you do that. Download CCleaner from piriform.com and run it as well (it's free).

JimG probably hit the nail on the head. He also made a good recommendation with CCleaner. I would also add after cleaning out your recycle bin (right click the icon and select Empty Rcycle Bin) and running CCLeaner you may wont to defrag your hard drive. If you really deleted alot then that may help things in the long run.

I agree. Use CC Cleaner. Since I surf the web a lot, I use the cleaner almost daily to get rid of all kinds of junk.

Hi you guys and thanks a bunch but that isn't the case and that's why I am so curious and frustrated. I've used CCleaner for about five years and use it every single day and also defrag every day so it just doesn't make sense why after completely removing a bunch of unnecessary items that there would be less free space. Thank you so much for trying and if you have any other ideas please let me know. :-)

Hugs,

Deeli

You didn't say what kind of computer you have but if you're working guts are microsoft you can get a lot of free help there, call, not internet.

Did you do a defragment on your computer?

Fuzzytufts, do you happen to have the phone number for Microsoft that is free of charge support help? The couple of times I've called them in the past it's been an automatic charge of over $80.00 before you can even talk to someone in tech support about an issue :-(

Angolamom, I mentioned in the comment section here that I defrag every single day.

Computers MaintenanceJune 29, 2011
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Square Foot Gardening
The Basics of Square Foot Gardening
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
CD or DVD in a computer drive.
Removing a CD or DVD Stuck in a Computer
🎄
🍂