Crochet Buddy for Hook and Needle
March 22, 2020
I found this pattern on line and am just a bit jealous I didn't come up with it myself! It is super easy, fast, and a great way to use up scrap yarn. I loved her's but mine has a bit of a spin on it. I hope you like it!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: You Tube
Link: Crochet Buddy Pattern
- 13-26 yd scrap yarn of your choice
- size J or K hook
- 3-5 stitch markers or safety pins
- darning needle
- I used double strands of yarn (26 yards), but you can use just a single strand, to for 13 yards. Your pattern is the same regardless, but the small single amount only requires the size J hook.
- With your loop on, chain 2 and make 12 double crochets in the first chain. Join with a slip stitch and chain 2.
- For row 2, make 2 double crochets in each of the stitches from row 1. You should have 24. Join with a slip stitch and chain 2.
- For the last row, make 1 double in the first stitch, and 2 in the next around for 36. Join with a slip stitch.
- Now chain 30 (or more if you like a longer length for your tail). Break off and tie the ends (if it's double strand) and work in the tail. You are now ready to slip your hook, darning needle, and stitch markers (I didn't have any to show) into the circle. Loop your mini scissors through the tail and tie it to your work bag. Never loose one of the components again! N-JOY!!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.