SoftwareComputers

Lost Install CD for Memorex CD/DVD Writer

I have a new Memorex External Slim CD/DVD writer, but I've lost the installation CD. Is there a way to download something from the internet? Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Are you sure you lost an installation CD? The manufacturer states this writer is plug and play, which means you shouldn't have to do any kind of installation. Even the necessary drivers are already on your computer (although they may need to be updated).

According to the manual for this writer, an installation CD does come with the writer, BUT, that CD is to install free trial software. You should not need this software installed in order to use the writer.

Don't forget, this is a writer, not a player.

If I can help more, let me know.

Thanks, I think my son helped us figure it out!