DVD Case Valentine's Day Card

Category Cards
DVD Case Valentine's Day Card
Decorating a discarded DVD and its case is a fun way to make a unique card for Valentine's Day. This is a guide about DVD case Valentine's Day card.

This is a great craft where you can recycle and get the children involved also. Kids love to create and they will be proud to give grandparents or even a teacher this card!

Approximate Time: approx. 2 hrs.

Instructions:

1. The case I used had a see thru plastic sheet on top that the insert sat under.

If yours does not, just adhere straight onto the cover. You can cover the picture with clear contact paper first, if desired.
  2. Ad

3. Cut a background from construction paper for the cover. Cut your child's drawing slightly smaller. Use double backed tape to adhere together. Slide this under the plastic sleeve on top.
  4. For saying inside, print out on computer or have the child write it. Cut to fit inside on left side.
  5. Most CDs and DVDs sit on a raised button. I did not want a hole poked through the photo so after adhering the photo to the CD, I turned it over and covered the hole with a square of thin cardboard. I used pieces of thick sponge foam double sided tape and built up on the case where the CD sits until the CD sat evenly with the button.

6. Now put small dots of glue on the tape and the cardboard in the center to help adhere the CD. Between the foam tape and the glue, the CD sits securely.

This card was made for my grandchildren to give to their parents. The oldest is 15 and finding pictures of all 4 kids together is a rare thing. At that age, unless he is in his football clothes, he doesn't care much to get his photo taken. To incorporate him also into this card, I chose a "cool" photo I had of him and made his into a tag for the front cover.
  7. You can also add ribbon like the one pictured here by using double backed tape. The saying on this card reads, "Valentine, you make our hearts spin!".
  8. Ad

By Mary from FL